Closed Thread
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Donna and Sunny - I hope you hear from Dr W soon. I've been waiting a few days to hear back from Cyndi and no luck yet.

Jennilee - I'm so sorry your donor has disappeared. Really cruel when so much hope is riding on this journey. I hope there's just been some major mix up or something and they find out what happened. Or you find a beautiful donor ready to go. So disheartening for you and DH.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennilee....You poor bugger. I feel bad for you. How totally frustrating. I hope you find the right one really soon! That is such a drain on your emotions to have to start again. I guess the only good thing is that better she vanish now rather than later! Some days don't you just wish it were all a little easier.

Sunny...Nothing like having to make your own decisions!!! I am still waiting on a reply from someone, anyone will do!! Don't know whether to start taking the active pill as directed or if I need AF first and to have that induced. You are so lucky to have your dates and plan sorted. Our donors are one day apart on their previous cycles and I am still waiting. Feeling like a shag on a rock.

Hopefully Dr W will reply.

Donna

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL - just heard back from Cyndi - her ears must have been burning! I hope you hear back from her soon too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard back from Cyndi too!!!!

I am not to start taking provera, just to start taking the active OCP as planned next week. No dates yet but hopefully within the week.

It's 5.40am and I need to get out of my pink fluffy dressing gown and get sorted.. we are having a garage sale to clear out as much as possible for our possible house move (which will clash with SA and I won't be doing a thing so packing up the boxes now!!!!). Have a great day girls!

Donna

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard back from Cyndi too...I start the active pills and remain on them until Im told otherwise.

Have a good weekend everyone. Hope your garage sale is a success DJ.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Jennilee - How absolutely frustrating and annoying!!! I went through Nurture and my first donor came back with low AMH so chose another within 2 days and her tests came back great, I was very lucky as I was totally devastated and stressed at the time!!! CFC and Nurture were great at getting all the tests done again quickly so I could stick to my intended dates in Cape Town. I hope you get back on track soon. You must be so over it at the moment. Thinking of you xxx

Crystal - we will be there at the same time

Wish, DJ & Sunny - so glad you have heard back and can move forward

AFM - I got an email this week to say that Dr W would be away at a conference and that I would be cared for by Dr M.

Have a great weekend everyone

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (11-05-2013),wishmeluck  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Saturday everyone

Just wondering if someone can give me the heads up on claimable out of pocket medical expenses for SA? It looks like IVF is covered (except for the travel and accommodation), but I'm wondering if they cover the egg donor agency costs, or just CFC and if so which parts? I'd be grateful for any info. I think I also need to get a referral letter from my GP to be able to claim also? Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishmeluck, I too would be interested in knowing what can be claimed. I don't have a referal to the SA clinic.
    Jennilee, how terrible, you've got to believe things happen for a reason, you just don't know what it is yet. Something better is still coming. When you say your donor has dropped off the face of the earth I hope its not because something untoward has happened like a car accident......
    Glad to hear Wish, Sunny, and DJ have heard back, it's scary not knowing what to do.
    JodiW thanks for the info on the cost of the laundromat. I don't think I will worry about a washing machine for our accomodation requirements now that I know how cheap it is. I was thinking laundromat like we have here where you do it yourself. I will be following MissLeo's suggestion of buying the SIM for our mini Ipad. I have been perusing the sites suggested by laned and Missleo and have made a shortlist, filled out the inquiry forms 2 days ago however haven't had a response yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you've heard back Wish and Sunny. It is worrying when there's no noise down the line so to speak.
    Hope everyone else is travelling OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Quick update from me - I'm booked in for early June so only a few weekends left to organise everthing! Stop the pill this week and should be on injections soon! First scan booked in for 5th June in CT!!

Just a couple of questions - for those who took the daily Lucrin injections, how did you work around the time difference? Did you just keep track of the hours since the last one and take it exactly 24 hours later? Did you have to inject on the plane at all! I'm starting to stress out that I might get stuck at a point where I cant do the injection on time (waiting to get off the plane or in a queue at immigration!). I always seem to find something to worry about!

Also, for the Perth girls out there, I'm flying back through Perth on the way home and will have a 3 day stop over. We've never been there before but thought it would be a perfect way to break up the long flight back to Melbourne and maybe catch some sun!? Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to stay in Perth in winter? The options I was considering were the CBD, Fremantle or Cottesloe. I figure Margaret River will be too far away for our short stay and I wont be drinking anyway! I know this isnt a travel forum but any suggestions greatly appreciated! We want to take it very easy.

Thanks

Libelle