Closed Thread
Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Just a quick one from me. I have been flat out.. Not to mention exhausted.

Chiefs- 4 is fantastic. I have everything crossed for you this is your cycle. Xxx

I am another positive story of a freeze all. We ended up with 6 embies all frozen day 1. Out of those 6, 2 of them are now my precious sons. I was hysterical when they told me I had to have a freeze all. But now I would almost recommend doing it that way. It was so much easier on my body ( not to mention emotionally).

Can't believe my boys are 6 days old this afternoon. We are at home now, it's so nice. Just getting used to tandem breast feeding. but they are doing very good at it.

Photo with beanies is taken right when they were born. Second photo is the first time they were back together after special care.

Hope all are having a fantastic weekend.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JemJems For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (17-11-2013),Twocam  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh... It still won't let me post photos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay jemjems, it must be great to be home! All this talk of pics makes me more desperate to see them. I'm like an overseas aunt who is waiting to see pics!

You must be so happy to be home and the boys doing so well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the encouraging stories. Mine is going to be a freeze-all too after all I got the call yesterday afternoon, while I was in a movie theatre. I didn't manage to pick it up on time, but the nurse had left a long voicemail, which of course made me cry in the theatre toilet. I have heard so many people say FET is better, and I am hoping the same for me, but I couldn't help myself and let the tears get the better of me. Sincw I have been staying at home for the past 7-8 months and thinking about nothing else, the wait just seems LOT longer. The two years before that of TTC was probably less hurtful.. The job hunt in these months is going no where, and the hurdles with TTC is taking its toll on me. I have absolutely nothing else to do except feel sorry for myself about not getting anywhere in both of these fronts
    I had a friend staying over for this weekend, and since I had not told her about IVF, I have to pull in a brave face yesterday evening, and today. Once she leaves, I am going to hibernate until it is time to leave for the EPU tomorrow I think. At least I can have a drink or two this Christmas!

For those who experienced similar cycle before, was it Day1 freeze for all of you? Was it possible to predict the quality of the embryo at that stage? I will probably get the FET on Jan the soonest, but I am going to see if they allow me to do it this Dec (most likely not, with WFC's policies).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumnetqn View Post
    Thanks ladies for the encouraging stories. Mine is going to be a freeze-all too after all I got the call yesterday afternoon, while I was in a movie theatre. I didn't manage to pick it up on time, but the nurse had left a long voicemail, which of course made me cry in the theatre toilet. I have heard so many people say FET is better, and I am hoping the same for me, but I couldn't help myself and let the tears get the better of me. Sincw I have been staying at home for the past 7-8 months and thinking about nothing else, the wait just seems LOT longer. The two years before that of TTC was probably less hurtful.. The job hunt in these months is going no where, and the hurdles with TTC is taking its toll on me. I have absolutely nothing else to do except feel sorry for myself about not getting anywhere in both of these fronts
    I had a friend staying over for this weekend, and since I had not told her about IVF, I have to pull in a brave face yesterday evening, and today. Once she leaves, I am going to hibernate until it is time to leave for the EPU tomorrow I think. At least I can have a drink or two this Christmas!

For those who experienced similar cycle before, was it Day1 freeze for all of you? Was it possible to predict the quality of the embryo at that stage? I will probably get the FET on Jan the soonest, but I am going to see if they allow me to do it this Dec (most likely not, with WFC's policies).
    Hi mumnetqn,

I'm so sorry to read your post Hun, although, I do 100% believe if my protocol wasn't changed I wouldn't have been successful. I also have to say the worst part of that cycle was after epu, between the knowing I had to wait and hormone malfunctions it was tough so big big huge hugs in advance!!
    Wfc wouldn't let me go back after 1st AF no matter how much I begged as they have the sit a round out policy (which is best albiet extremely frustrating)
    The morning after epu you will still receive information regarding how many fertilised O/n and they will discuss batches of freezing eg freeze 4 eggs & 3 eggs together etc.
    My heart goes out to you as Ivf is the toughest road I have ever travelled personally and in my marriage let alone having other issues on-top - stay strong Hun xxxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JemJems View Post
    Hi ladies. Just a quick one from me. I have been flat out.. Not to mention exhausted.

Chiefs- 4 is fantastic. I have everything crossed for you this is your cycle. Xxx

I am another positive story of a freeze all. We ended up with 6 embies all frozen day 1. Out of those 6, 2 of them are now my precious sons. I was hysterical when they told me I had to have a freeze all. But now I would almost recommend doing it that way. It was so much easier on my body ( not to mention emotionally).

Can't believe my boys are 6 days old this afternoon. We are at home now, it's so nice. Just getting used to tandem breast feeding. but they are doing very good at it.

Photo with beanies is taken right when they were born. Second photo is the first time they were back together after special care.

Hope all are having a fantastic weekend.
    Congratulations on bringing your boys home Jem!!!! 😄🎊🎊☺️
    HANGING to see pics!!! Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumnetqn View Post

Big hugs. No matter how much you think you might be able to handle that call, it's still devastating. I was a little worried about a day1 freeze all but I think that's just the way they do it. Depending on how many eggs fertilise, they will most likely freeze them in groups. For our FET, we had a group of 4 thawed and were so so lucky to have been able to re-freeze two at day 5. One was transferred and one didn't continue to grow after thawing. I don't think they really know the quality of the embryos until a little further on than day1. As Jeannie said though, they will keep you updated with the fertilisation rate and will let you know how they intend to freeze them (how many per group etc).
    I completely agree that the wait in between things happening is the worst. After trying for so long, the last thing you want is to be told you have to wait even longer. Especially when you've gone through the ups and downs of all the hormones and stress of injections everyday. We just have to trust that they really do know what they're doing and I really hope you can enjoy at least part of your time before you transfer. *hugs* again

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mumnetqn I'm sorry they're going to do a freeze all for you, but as others have said, there seems to be lots of merit in fet's over stim transfers.

Look on the bright side, you can enjoy Christmas ham, cheese and wine now!

While that doesn't help, know that it's just a minor setback, and it's going to give your body lots of time to recuperate and be receptive to your embie xxxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1 more sleep chiefs!!! 😄 what time is your transfer tomorrow??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jeannie,

11.45am transfer tmw with accupuncture before and after - gosh it's getting hard to come up with excuses to tell the rest of the staff why I'm away!

The management team know, but no one else, so last week I took Thursday and Friday off and just said I was exhausted and needed a break. It's hard because we are a small company and when someone is out of the office an email goes out to all staff letting them know. So I've asked the HR manager to send an email out tomorrow saying I've called in sick, then will have to come up with a migraine or something to say when the staff ask why I was away!