4 fertilised transfer on Tuesday!
4 fertilised transfer on Tuesday!
So happy for you Chiefs!
Great news Chiefs! Congratulations and good luck for next week!
AFM, just had my US, and the lining and follicles count/size is all great (4 larger than 20 and 7 between 15 and 19). But from Wednesday's BT, my E2 was quite high at 4442 and P4 already at 2.5, so they have asked for another BT tomorrow. If P4 is not stable and increases beyond 5 from today and tomorrow's BT, the cycle may be cancelled It will be two long days, hoping my phone doesn't ring (with WFC's no news is good news method). If all well, triggger tomorrow night and EPU will be Monday! So all stressed 1 moment about the BT and excited about ET the next....
Wow mumnetqn that's some serious follicles your p4 stays stable for you. If not don't give up hope, I've been reading on some threads that their FS recommends fet as the best way to do et!
Mumnetqn, will they still go ahead with EPU and freeze all? Happened to me back at the end of July. I was devastated that we couldn't transfer at the time. I knew as soon as they were calling that's what the news was and as soon as I hung up, I cried. I cried for pretty much the rest of the day. EPU was hard knowing there wasn't going to be a transfer but our fs told us she preferred FET's anyway.
It seemed like a long wait but we were blessed with our bfp last month after first FET. So all hope is not lost if they freeze all for you but I know how heartbreaking it is to be told no transfer. Hopefully your levels are okay.
Chiefs. Congrats in the amazing fertilisation rate! Keep us posted on your transfer.
Last edited by GBA85; 15-11-2013 at 17:21.
Hi Becca, I am not sure what they will do. My FS was at the US today, and she mentioned a cycle cancellation. Nurse however was mentioning a freeze all. I was too engrossed in my thoughts to ask the question. I am hoping everything turns out to be ok, and know that FET will probably be better, but can't stop feeling down time to time
Just thought I'd share another positive story similar to Becca
After many unsuccessful cycles my fs decided to do a freeze all on day 1 due to my progesterone creeping up when cycling, I must say I felt quite frustrated after epu knowing I had to wait approx 6 weeks for a FET, they froze our eggs in 2 batches. 1st FET bfn, 2nd FET 3dt (1st time) and BFP!! Also jemjems had a freeze all and just had her beautiful boys
Just thought I'd share as I can relate to your eagerness and frustration but as my fs explained to me that even a perfect embryo going into a uterus that is ahead of itself (which high progesterone equates to) that embryo will never stick, therefore patience really is a virtue as Becca, Jems & myself can all relate to with positive outcomes.
I hope this helps xx
Mumnetqn, if the nurse mentioned freeze all, I'd say that's what they'll do. The fs possibly just worded it more harshly. If you do get a call and they mention cancellation, ask is it possible to continue but do a freeze all.
Ivf is a rollercoaster of a journey anyway and there's nothing worse than things not going how we hope/plan but as Jeannie has pointed out, looks like there are many others who have been in similar situations and have positive outcomes.
I'm still holding out hope for you that you do get the opportunity to transfer but if not, try to see it as one small step closer to your ultimate goal. When we went into ivf, someone told me not to expect it to be a miracle that will happen right away but to break down each step of the process and treat each one as a great milestone. It's a lot easier said than done most of the time but unfortunately we can't change what our body's have in store for us.
Chiefs, hope your little embies are growing nicely
Hello to all, I havent been on in so very long but have been reading this thread each and every day, so very excited for all the successes and hopeful for us all who are still trying, (so exctied to hear you had four fertilise Chiefs )
Our first WFC cycle back in April ended with me hyperstimulating, fortunately we were still able to collect a whooping 23 follies (it seems every cycle we have done I am getting more and more eggs, of worse quality) and had 18 frozen at day one. July and August we did FET, both BFN with terribly poor quality slow slow embryos. I have since had a bit of a break and turned to chinese medicine for some hope in improving my quality with accupuncture, herbs and supplements galore. I am quite anxious to get back into another cycle now, and I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice regarding the shut down over Chrissy....I understand they reopen on the 2nd of Jan, do you know if people can start cycling in late dec for an early jan pick up or is shut down completely? Has anyone done a L/D cycle without going on the pill first? Dr Smith had said he didnt want me to (but I am abit unsure how they judge their dates to book in then) so with my period this month running late I wont be due until 23ish of Dec (and generally a day 17 pick up which wouldnt be til 9th of jan?) so am wondering if there is a possibilty to book in from this cycle to stim then? Did leave a message with clinic yesterday but did not hear back from them. Will try again on Monday but just thought id get some advice cause am driving myself crazy atm. Sorry this is so long, my fingers and toes are crossed for all who are cycling atm Keep Hoping
Hoping, I think they would make you wait till jan AF to cycle. I wouldn't think they would let you stim while they are closed. I'm pretty sure Linda said they close on 18 dec for Xmas so 1 dec is the latest you can get in for a short cycle. They may let you do a long down where you start the pill on 23 dec and then are ready in early jan to start lucrin/syranel and your fsh?
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!