Closed Thread
Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaterhouse View Post
    Aha! Just found where to change my timezone in my settings. That's better!
    Oooh where?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tmw Hayley!

Miele, it's horrible waiting for AF isn't it?

AFM- I have FS apt tmw to see what she has to say and if we can cycle in nov.

TMI but we're trying for a natural bfp this month (like every month in between cycles) so we've started bd'ing every cpl of days, so I'm lying here with my post coital legs closed and DH is snoring-typical!!

The logistics of it will be interesting this weekend tho as we're flying to nz to see the inlaws- the idea of doing it at my sil house is a little weird! My sil had a baby boy 8 months ago and this will be the first time we've seen him.

I'm a little apprehensive as we were trying at the same time, she got pregnant after a few months and I'm still trying! Oh we'll it's not my Nephews fault, I just can't cry!,

Ever, are you there? What's new? Will you be cycling again soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I am after some advice. I was booked for my first nurses's appointment for the 29th this month, with the plan to start jabbing for my first IVF round right after. Unfortunately, my FIL's health has deteriorated, and my husband needs to leave Aus to meet him soon and is likely to be away till end of the month. What do you think are my chances of being allowed to attend the appointment by myself if DH cannot attend? I am just trying to stay positive that FIL's health will get better soon, so don't want to cancel it yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    mumnetqn - have you both been in and signed all the documentation yet? I think we did that at our first nurse's appointment and then I attended all the others alone (except the all important day when DH needed to have "special time in the alone room")

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just signed one set of document when we met the FS few weeks back. One document was signed by both of us, saying we were OK with freezing etc, and another was signed by me. I have a copy of form where we decide whether we use our Medicare safety net or use WFC's. Were there lots of others to sign?

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    mumnetqn, I think those are the only forms that both of us signed, but they do take your DH pic on the first appointment with the nurses. I think the best thing to do would be to call them. That way they will know the situation and can let you know one way or the other, rather than you thinking it might be ok then rocking up and finding out it wasn't.

I've attended some of my appointments without DH, but the first one he came to. I have to admit, for me it was a bit of a waste of time. They just told me everything the FS had told me. I then just had to call in when I got AF for them to tell me when to go on the pill.

But from memory, you've already started on the pill haven't you? That would mean that you would probably have EPU in the middle of Nov, will DH be back then? That would probably sway you as to whether you can start or not, he needs to be there for that one!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks gals! I called them up, and the nurse said it was absolutely OK for DH to be not present under the circumstances.
    I am not sure why I am hesitant to call WFC directly before posting here...perhaps I am too negative at the moment, and want some positive support before facing the music..
    DH is planning to be back by 13th, which should be OK, as I am expecting the EPU to be around 15th or so (yes, already started on pills this month).
    Here's hoping that everything will be alright, and my FIL is in the path to speedy recovery...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls, I was too wrapped up with my own issues.

Chiefsgirl, good luck with your appointment with Rachel today. And hope you are able to enjoy your nephew in NZ. My nephew is very cute (just turned two), and kept both DH and SIL occupied when they were down when the first heard the news about our FIL. I always manage to forget my own worries when he is around

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mumnetqn For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    don't worry about coming here first mumnetqn, I do that as well! TBH I'm a little scared of the nurses! They have so much power over our cycles I'm scared to annoy them!

They are all really lovely though, so I know I have nothing to worry about there, just really scared of stuffing things up!

your FIL is recovered by then and you sail through the cycle! The only advice I would give is to make sure you DH gets lots of sleep before supplying his bit, we had poor fertilisation when my DH worked the night before!!

I'm sure seeing the nephew will be great, I'm hopefully over my jealousy over her getting pregnant again (it's her 3rd) while I'm still trying! (Although we weren't trying when she had her first two)

I have done no work this morning as I research all the questions I want to ask Rachel! Good thing my two bosses are out of the office today, they can't see me searching the net!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mumnetqn I understand wanting to prepare yourself for the call. If someone said they had been alone - or weren't allowed to it would at least help you prepare for what you should expect. Chiefs don't slow down in NZ! It might make it more exciting! Good luck with your appt.

AFM - had my 12 week scan and everything looks good! So everyone has been told and it's public knowledge now. Thanks for your support.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (16-10-2013),mumnetqn  (16-10-2013)