Closed Thread
Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm out. Woke up to the start of AF. Did a hpt and its negative. Still gotta be at the clinic for 7 for weight and blood pressure test. I really don't want to go to work today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Chiefs - I really feel for you. Hindsight can be so awful. If you had gone ahead and the relationship broke down you would also be hard on yourself. If only we could see the future! You made the best decision at that time based on your experience and the info you had. I know it's little comfort though when you are facing the reality that it might never happen for you. I hope that you find the strength to process all this and focus on your next cycle and not get too bogged down in feeling like a failure - because you certainly are not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read your post Chiefs. Sorry it didn't happen for you. I would definitely take the day off, enjoy the sunshine, and think about your next move if you can.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear Chiefs. Thinking of you today

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ever1013 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies, I ended up going to work after having a coffee in the sun and talking it out with DH.

We are keen to get another cycle in this year so will be asking Rachel if we can do another antagonist cycle in November. Lynda didn't seem to think Rachel should have a problem with it as this cycle we did it and it wasn't really a disaster, so we'll see what she says.

I had already booked in for 16/10 and knew we needed a new referral from our GP so today DH went up to her rooms on the way home from the clinic to see if we also needed new blood tests (we do), Rachel came out and spoke to him and is going to find out exactly how much the Saizen would cost us if we wanted to add it to this next cycle.

I'm not sure if it's too early to look at implantation issues? For those of you that have them, what led you to investigate? Someone on another thread suggested Dr Mattias, I googled him, but I haven't had miscarriages, just three failed IVF cycles?

Oh well, I knew it was a slim shot, so while I am devastated, I will survive. I felt so bad for DH this morning when I was sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself, he came over and was rubbing my back telling me he understood and was upset too. I had to be honest and say, I'm so wrapped up in my own misery I can't even offer you the support you need. He said he didn't need it now, just wanted me to know he understood how I was feeling and I wasn't alone. What a gem I have

So at least I feel like we're moving forward even if I am .

Sorry to have taken over the thread in the last two days. How is everyone else???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your DH sounds wonderful Chiefs. This journey is so much easier when you experience the highs and lows together (and are on the same page as far as moving forward). Glad you set a plan in place and very happy you can get another cycle in this year. It's great you kept the thread up to date because I was thinking of you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much love Chiefs. xxx I wish there was something we could say, but loads of virtual support coming your way.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    This is my first IVF cycle & had my egg transfer last Tuesday, 24/9 with an A grade 5 day blastocyst. Yesterday, AF started & everytime i test, i get a BFN. Nurse said until AF is "fully established", to keep on using Crinone until this Sat (the day I am suppose to test for the result). ie. dont give up hope as it may still proceed. Yesterday, had really painful cramps & also this morning. Does this sound like as if this is the end of the cycle? Is a period usually more painful after a failed IVF attempt than a normal period? Do you need to take some time off work to just lie down & let everything subside? Would we require to wait another normal cycle before going through another transfer? We have 3 frozen embryos stored. Did everyone else tell work about IVF? Has anyone else heard of Genea & their difference with Westmead FC? Sorry for all the Q's, quite new to this. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you & sending all the love to everyone going through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Betty. It's all so daunting isn't it? I can't answer most of your questions as I was fortunate enough to get a BFP on our first transfer. But I can tell you I absolutely told my work about IVF. I had only been there just over a year too. There was just no other explanation for regular early morning appointments, hospital visits etc without them worrying it was more serious. I also had an op to remove endo a few months before. All of my leave was taken as annual leave - not sick leave so there was no real objection as to what I did on my holidays! I just needed the flexibility in getting the days I needed. They already knew we had been trying for 11 years and this was a last resort to see if it could ever happen and we were all surprised with the result. I'm sure other ladies on here will provide much better answers. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to tell my work - despite going super early for blood work and for scans, there was still occasions where I was late. Same with retrieval and transfer time off.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (08-10-2013)