Closed Thread
Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi mieke034 I was on an antagonist cycle this time. I was on 450 gonal f, orgalutran and a study drug. Apparently I stimmed longer than most at 14 days, I got 6 eggs and 5 fertilised, two are back in me with bt Wednesday. I didn't really notice anything different to my other cycles, I got more eggs, but that could have been any number of other things- I was taking so many different supplements!

What regime has he put you on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chiefsgirl,

I have no idea yet what regime he has put me on. I think i will find all that out when I see the nurse???? I'm just overwhelmed with excited and a little teary of course due to being able to proceed next month. Was really thinking it wouldn't happen till next year (due to hubby's work). Hoping that its a sign. Mieke

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question chiefsgirl, what day do they do the egg retrieval?

Mieke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mieke, I've only ever had epu on a Wednesday or Monday. But I think they do them on the weekends too, at least on a sat. I had a bt on day 6, then a scan and bt on day 9, then again on 11 and 13- but as I said they said I stimmed longer than most on this protocol, but I did get good sized follies. I triggered on day14 and had epu on day 16 followed by et 5 days later. Everyone is different though. I think most people trigger after second scan then epu 36hrs later. Is this your first ivf? If so, it might take a while as they may adjust your meds along the way, they generally start you off low then increase so you don't get ohss.

The one thing I have learnt over my 3 cycles is, it doesn't matter what everyone else has done, my body is going to react differently, and no two cycles are the same, we can plan as much as possible, but we have to learn to go with the flow a bit. That and panty liners are a godsend in the tww!!!!!!

Dr smith did my transfer, he's lovely, put me at ease- was my most comfortable one yet! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mieke, how exciting that you are starting!

Hi Chiefs, no I didn't see the game. I really need to get Foxtel. I am sorry that you feel you are out this cycle. It is not over yet. Hugs and lots of sticky bub vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chiefsgirl,

Yes this is my first ivf cycle. Hence me being a little clueless.

Hopefully once I see the nurses I will have my head around everything.

Mieke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chiefsgirl, sending you lots of good wishes for your official results. I can understand to some extent what you mean by not having positive feeling about the cycle. For my current cycle (natural), I decided to do ovulation tracking with a fertility clinic near me while I wait for the FS appointment, and it seems I ovulated fine, but I don't quite have the 'vibes' either. I know its not the same as an IVF cycle as I don't know anything else than I ovulated, still, hearing that my hormone level were great seems to have done an opposite effect on me, instead of making me hopeful! BUT I haven't lost hope for both of us yet for this cycle

I have mixed feelings about my FS appointment this Friday, but I wouldn't say I am excited, maybe nervous instead I am hopeful however that being able to move forward and take some control will make me feel better. You might think I am crazy - I left my work a few months ago. This was because work had become so hectic that my health was getting affected, and TTC was getting less and less priority, which stressed me out more. I have been desperately trying to find a new job too, but then I worry that if I get a job soon, it won't be easy to take time off to for these cycles. OK, now I sound like someone who has too much time on her hands, so I will stop here. Will let you gals know how I go on Friday..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mumnetqn For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mieke034 View Post
    Hi Chiefsgirl,

Yes this is my first ivf cycle. Hence me being a little clueless.

Hopefully once I see the nurses I will have my head around everything.

Mieke

Mieke, we're all a bit like deer in headlights our first cycle, I didn't really know what questions to ask or what everything would be like. I'm such an over achiever I balled like crazy after my first scan when I wasn't ready for epu, I thought I was abnormal! Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions on here, someone is bound to have gone through it before or knows what something means.

Ever, I think fox tell bows does a subscription thing over the Internet, I'm thinking of looking into it, we pay lots of $$ just so I can watch rugby!

Mumnetqn- that doesn't sound crazy, I wish we cd afford for me to stop work, i had a crazy month in June where I was feeling really bullied at work and it made for a horrible cycle.

AFM- I'm completely down in the dumps, DH is back doing some night work and I'm just laying here feeling like a failure again. I keep feeling like we left it too late to start and it'll never happen. I had such a ****ty childhood and never wanted to bring up a child in a crappy relationship (and I was single from 24 to 31). It took DH 7yrs to propose and I wasn't going to bring a child into an unstable relationship (abandonment issues amongst others from my childhood), so we only started trying last year after we got married. Now I think I should have trusted in DH all along and we might have had an easier time. I feel like I've completely screwed it up.

I've had terrible cramps since the weekend and today a bit of old blood in the crinone lumps (sorry if tmi!) so really think once the crinone stops I'll get AF. I'm thinking of doing a poas in the morning, even though I have to go to the clinic for weight and blood pressure (for the study i participated in). Lynda said since I've got to go in anyway they'd do a bt to get hcg results, but even though I think I'm out I don't want to get that call at work, I know I'd just break down.

Sorry for the rambling me post, I'm just wondering if its ever going to happen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big hugs to you Chiefsgirl. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's completely valid that you wanted to wait and make sure you'd be bringing a baby into the best possible environment. There are many of us who did start 'young' but still don't know if it will ever happen for us. You truly deserve your happy ending and I hope it's not too far away for you. There are enough emotional factors to have to deal with through this horrible process without adding blame to yourself. It's not your fault and you are not a failure at all. You were just one of the unlucky ones that got handed the challenging card. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you today Chiefs and wishing you the very best news!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ever1013 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (02-10-2013)