Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's great news JemJems

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,
    I've been stalking for a couple of weeks here now, and think its time to actively join

First of all, congratulations to all those who have 'graduated' from this thread (its lovely that you still come back and guide the rest of us)!
    To the rest of us who are trying, that we hear good news soon.

Little bit about me: I am new to ART, although we have been TTC for more than 2 years now for our first baby. I had two unsuccessful Clomid cycles last two cycles, and this one, I am waiting it out as a natural cycle, while I wait for our first appointment with Dr Fong on the 4th. I was quite impressed that I had to wait only a couple of weeks to get an appointment at Westmead (and even that, I was told, was because the doctor was away till the end of the month).

So far, our infertility has been unexplained. I have never missed a period and in the last 2.5 years that I have been actually tracking the dates, they have been pretty much on time, except the two cycles on clomid where they were a few days late. My husbands SA showed normal. I have had 21-day progesterone level check which showed I ovulated fine. HyCoSy a few months ago showed tubes were fine too. I have hypothyrodism, but the level is under control for the past few years.

So, what I wanted to ask you ladies was if it made sense for me to do any more blood tests or any other tests to speed up the process before I meet the FS next Friday? My DP is not too keen on doing another SA before the appointment. So likely that we'll have to wait for that anyway, as I hear that there is usually another round of SA ordered by the FS after the initial appt, especially since the last one was about a year or so ago?
    Also, if the FS does tell me to do a series of BW or scans, are they all done in Westmead? If we manage to do them on time, are the results back right away?

Sorry for the long post, just a bit nervous about next week!

Hope you are all tucked in somewhere cool, as it is too hot in Sydney right about now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mumnetqn, welcome. I'm a relative newbie as this is only my third cycle. I would probably say this close to your appt to wait till next week, as you probably wdn't get the results back in time. your FS will have a set that they want you to do and your partners SA will def be one if it was more than a year ago. They will probably test your amh as well, which is your ovarian reserve, that generally tells them how much stimulation you need. I had to have an internal ultrasound as well. Don't forget to take any scan results you may have had in the past too.

Have you started your vitamin regime?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, couldn't edit my post on iPad! We did bloods and semen near our home and scan at a lab close to my work. The only time you go to the clinic at westmead is during your cycle. The FS have rooms near the clinic and that's where you meet with them.

I would just say, don't be afraid to ask questions, there are no silly ones. good luck and we're all here if you need us xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Chiefsgirl! I have recently started on prenatals (was taking folic acid only before).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Mum! I saw Dr Fong and really liked her. Chances are, she'll organise more tests she think is appropriate - probably another S/A if hubby hasn't had one for a while. (They can change from test to test/time to time.)

Wishing you lots of luck! When the time comes for attempting #2, we'll be headed back to Dr Fong again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

mumnetqn  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mumnetqn and welcome! I see Dr Fong and I think she is just great. She is very thorough and what I like most is that she is very encouraging and upbeat. Good luck with your appointment.

Hi Chiefs, congratulations on being PUPO with two precious embryos! Sending you hugs and lots and lots of sticky bub vibes. This has to be your cycle.

I have been a bit absent of late. Busy getting stuck into other things and keeping busy after our first cycle. Loving this warm weather! I have my first acupuncture appointment tomorrow after a busy week at work. Should be interesting. I am looking forward to it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ever1013 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (26-09-2013),mumnetqn  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, how are we all going?

Mumnetqn are you getting excited for your appointment on Friday?

AFM I tested yesterday at 8dp5dt and got a BFN, not sure if it was too early but all my signs seem to have gone - no nausea, no sore boobs, just like the other times, I've had a bit of cramping too, so I think I might be out I called and made an appointment with Rachel today. I hadn't done one before as I had hope it might work, wish I had now, the first appointment I can get is 23/10. Oh well. DH and I were talking about options and as we can't get another long down reg in this year (the clinic would be closed for xmas when I would need epu and et) I'm going to ask to do another flare protocol. I'm going to ask about menopur and gonal F this time as I've done a bit of research that some people have had success with this. Have any of you heard of this? Does WFC do this? DH wants to give that a go first before forking out $4,900 oop for saizen especially since we don't know if I got it or not.

Ever did you watch the game yesterday morning? Wasn't pretty but at least it was a bonus point win and puts us in a good place for this weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Chiefs. Sorry that you feel this cycle hasn't worked. It's a shame you can't fit another cycle in this year should it be negative. Looking forward to hearing your 'official' results on Wednesday.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Just thought I would pop on and say that we had our appt with dr smith and he wants us to do the short ivf cycle as hubby does FIFO work and is only home every 4 weeks. We thought all hope was lost as the nurses couldn't see me until the 16/10 and my cycle begins 13/10 and the lady who does the bookings said they very rarely get a cancellation. But I got the great news today that they can see me next week. I was so excited that I didn't even hear her tell me what day or time my appt would be. Silly me.

What's everyone's thoughts on the antagonist cycle and has anyone been through it before?

Thanks Mieke

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app