Closed Thread
Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chiefs,

How are you feeling? When are you due for your next scan and your trigger? Exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow Ever you don't do things by halves - and IVF cycle and a new job?? What do you do?

Thanks for thinking of me, I had another scan and blood test today, I'm finally ready for epu I have 6 decent sized follies and lots of ones that won't get to the right size in time. My lead one is 19 something, I've got a couple in the 18's and one behind in the high 16's (sorry I forgot to pay too much attention when Lynda spoke to me!).

EPU is Monday and I've got another couple of doses of gonal F and the growth hormone, so that should help them along I've never had follies this size when I've been told I can epu before (normally they're just around the 17mm mark when they give me the go ahead) so hopefully my bfp is in there somewhere!

I have to go back for another blood test tomorrow morning, I've never had to do that before, is that normal? I wonder if my results have me borderline for too much progesterone? I forgot to ask what they were I was too excited about getting the go ahead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on the EPU bring scheduled Chiefsgirl! My progesterone levels were creeping up when we were stimming but they told me this was a concern and kept me up to date with the blood results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    ... morph scan completed, all measuring on track at 19w2d - all bits and pieces are in the right places. And it's still a blue one...
    Yay for (a) boys and (b) bits being where they should be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Wow Ever you don't do things by halves - and IVF cycle and a new job?? What do you do?

Thanks for thinking of me, I had another scan and blood test today, I'm finally ready for epu
    I know right? its crazy times for me right now changing jobs, but I think it will be a good thing and help to take my mind of TTC. A new challenge and a change of scenery I am looking forward to! I work in IT. Good luck for Monday, I will be thinking of you.

After our IVF round with low quality C graded embies, we are thinking of going back to trying naturally while I settle into my job. I am starting accupuncture and cutting out sugar in the hope that my eggs improve. We had no problem with DH and good fert rates.

Just wondering if anyone else here has been told that they have issues with egg quality? Any advice or encouragement would be wonderful as I am feeling a little hopeless at the moment.

Hi to everyone! Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
    Last edited by Ever1013; 15-09-2013 at 09:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ever,

It's probably a good idea to ttc naturally till you settle in to your new role. if nothing else, it's better to wait till you're out of your probation period to announce you're utd!!!

My dietician told me to eat lots of broccoli, sweet potato, salmon and asparagus. I've been seeing an iridologist in Parramatta who has given me some natural tonic to help with my egg quality. I've been taking a ttc tea from a lady in Melbourne which is supposed to help as well. Soaking my feet in Epsom salts, and using a magnesium spray (they say magnesium helps you absorb the other supplements you take).

My FS also said, you're old, egg quality is going to be an issue!

I've been in this trial at WFC this time with the growth hormone, I actually got it and not the placebo. But apparently that has helped women with egg quality issues. It's not cheap though, Saizen is $700 for a vial that does 2 days, and I used 8 vials this cycle!

Happy to PM you the details of the tea lady (it's actually quite nice) and the iridologist if you like.

I had to do two lots of injections in the car yesterday I had a bt at the clinic at 7.30, then DH had to go to his jobsite in the city (he's in civil drainage and working at the new meriton apartment maize in Zetlands) so while he was on the site, I injected in the passengers seat! They had me do a booster of gonal F and the growth hormone to get a little more growth before trigger.

Then we were at an engagement party in Seven Hills last night when I had to do the trigger, so out I went to do it in the passenger seat again!

EPU at 8.30 tomorrow. I know I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight and I can't even have a wine to relax!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Ever1013  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefs - do you have to pay for the drugs used in the trial? I know lots of women who use Saizen and it's DEFINITELY not cheap. Look at you, injecting in the car. (Been there!) xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Chiefs - do you have to pay for the drugs used in the trial? I know lots of women who use Saizen and it's DEFINITELY not cheap. Look at you, injecting in the car. (Been there!) xxx
    Thank goodness we didn't have to pay! You do run the risk of getting the placebo though, and having more blood/ultrasounds and have to keep a diary.

I googled the side effects and they are basically the same as the other ivf drugs- headaches, bloating, general aches and cramps, but they also have frequent urination as one, and that is something I have def had this cycle! So I'm hoping I got the real deal. I def have more follicles and they've grown bigger than ever before, but I don't know if that's because I stimmed a bit longer (although from memory my first cycle was long) or because I got Saizen.

I spoke to DH and we agreed that if this cycle is a dud I'll probably push really hard to get it next time just to see. I know it's $$$ but if it gets me a baby in my arms it's worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo! Congratulations on epu chiefsgirl! I'm excited to hear your results tomorrow :-) xxx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (15-09-2013),Ever1013  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Chiefgirl. Wish you have lots of good eggs tomorrow

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Littledragon 2013 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (16-09-2013)