Closed Thread
Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeannie, thank you for the tip re goji juice, I may just try it!

Twocam, yay a gorgeous little boy! Wonderful news for You and your DH.

Ok so AFM, I am 6dp5dt and sorry if the following post is a bit TMI.... Yesterday I woke up feeling crampy, nauseous and with achy legs, like I feel when approaching AF. Feeling a bit down, I dragged myself to work. When I wiped during the day I had a globule of blacky brown spotting and a few little tiny spots. Started to think oh here we go, its all over, red rover, not fair, all those sort of thoughts. I did very well to resist the urge to pour myself a glass of red last night.

The thing is now I have had nothing at all since. I am still on twice daily crinone and the cramping has ceased except for the occasional short sharp twinge. I am due to test 5th Sept and I am begging AF to stay away. Leave me alone AF! Do not come anywhere near my house.
    Last edited by Ever1013; 31-08-2013 at 17:34.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ever1013 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ever1013 View Post
    Jeannie, thank you for the tip re goji juice, I may just try it!

Twocam, yay a gorgeous little boy! Wonderful news for You and your DH.

Ok so AFM, I am 6dp5dt and sorry if the following post is a bit TMI.... Yesterday I woke up feeling crampy, nauseous and with achy legs, like I feel when approaching AF. Feeling a bit down, I dragged myself to work. When I wiped during the day I had a globule of blacky brown spotting and a few little tiny spots. Started to think oh here we go, its all over, red rover, not fair, all those sort of thoughts. I did very well to resist the urge to pour myself a glass of red last night.

The thing is now I have had nothing at all since. I am still on twice daily crinone and the cramping has ceased except for the occasional short sharp twinge. I am due to test 5th Sept and I am begging AF to stay away. Leave me alone AF! Do not come anywhere near my house.
    Hi ever ! How you feeling? Don't worry re. the spotting it could be an implantation bleed which would be awesome news! Could be irritatation from the crinone or from your transfer, as long as its brownish (old) its all good :-) gosh I don't miss that cronine! Lol yuck!
    Not long to go now till testing, have you done a sneaky test? :-)
    I have everything crossed AF stays away for 9mths!!
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ever, how are you going? Any more spotting? Hopefully jeannie is right and it was implantation bleeding!

I went in to the clinic today. Gosh this cycle has been a comedy of errors! First Rachel got confused with how the study works and I went on the pill, only to be told i needed to go in to start stimming straight away, then I get the call back that they can't fit me in due to theatre closures, then the debacle with the call back on Friday. Then I couldn't get a hold of the admin ladies yesterday to pay! I kept calling them, then they wd call back and I'd be on the oh! Finally got through at 12.10pm yesterday and paid. I'm hoping its not a bad omen for this cycle.

So we meet with Eva this morning and find out I was supposed to fast from 9pm last night for a blood glucose test this morn! Oh we'll, we did the other blood tests, I got all my drugs and had an embarrassing pre-stim internal ultrasound while AF is here!

First jabs tonight. The gonal f was a breeze as always, although I must have hit a vein somewhere cos it bled for ages. The study drug(hopefully growth hormone) was a bit more difficult to get the air bubble out, but at least it didn't hurt.

Just a little vent-am I being unreasonable? - We had a fam BBQ this afternoon at my brothers (we have only recently told him we're doing IvF), and a guest arrived who we had never met before and they up and told her we started a cycle today! I was so mad but held my tongue as I had never met this person before and didn't want to lose it in front of a stranger- but really, who does that? I can't believe they told someone we've never met something so personal! Am I just being overly sensitive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jeannie, 8dp5dt and no further cramping or spotting. It seems to have stopped just as quickly as it arrived. Still hoping to keep AF at bay. No sneaky testing for me. DH is against testing early and I want him to be here when I do test. Not that it's not driving me crazy not knowing! DH finally drank the half bottle of red on the bench. Thank goodness as I have been eyeing it off for days. Out of sight out of mind. I am hoping to not even feel like a sip for the next nine months!

Chiefs Girl, so happy that the admin dramas are finally resolved and that you are cycling! No, I totally don't think you are being unreasonable. IVF is a private journey between you and your DH. My DH and I have carefully chosen who we have told about IVF. And those people were told only on a need to know basis. We asked those who know not to tell anyone else. I would be having a word to your brother. Explain to him that you would prefer it if he does not share your journey with anyone especially people you don't know!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ever1013 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ever.

DH called my brother yesterday and had words with him. My brother apologised and said they were just excited for us (they know nothing about the day to day struggle of ttc, let alone IVF!) I think they think it'll just happen every time!

Oh we'll, I feel better for DH standing up for us, he hates confrontation so I was surprised he did it!

I'm very blue today, probably got something to do with the 450gonal f I'm pumping into me!,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi WFC ladies - sorry been a bit AWOL been pretty busy, tired and nauseous and haven't had much time at night to reply to everyone over last couple of weeks

Chiefsgirl - wow what a journey!!! Glad you've finally started your cycle!!! When do you expect epu to be???

Ever1013 - siry to hear of your spotting, hope its eased up and as Jeannie said,maybe implantation bleeding I spotted non-stop for 10 weeks (which started 2 days before my BFP) so fingers crossed this is your BFP!!!

Jeannie - lol with here goji juice, dh and I tried that about 10 yrs ago, whe we 1st got together, it didn't work for us Unfortunately. Have you got any symptoms yet? Bet you can't wait until the 17th sept for your 7 week scan!!! The time will stand still for you, makers my word!!!

Two cam - congrats on your scan and go team blue!!!! Hope everything looked ok???

Hwaterhouse- any more news yet? Hcg results? 7 week scan booked???

Mieke034 - welcome!!! My only experience with dr smith was with our last stim cycle (which gave us our BFP) and he did DH's sperm aspiration, he seemed pretty nice and relaxed and gave us a laugh

Go to anyone I've missed

AFM- had another OB appt yesterday (18 weeks) and he was able to tell is we're having a BOY!!!! Have our morph scan booked for next Thursday which will definitely confirm that we (or dh saw a pee wee - i saw nothing ) so this will be pretty exciting!!! Still really tired and nauseas - hope it eases up sooner rather than later!!!! I think it's due to me weaning off my medication - and no more progesterone pessaries - wooooohooooo!!!!!!! Still have daily clexane shots and 10 mg of prednisone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Congratulations on seeing your healthy little man Crofty! So happy for You and your DH.

10dp5dt and I have had red bleeding since last night. I will test in the morning but it doesn't seem to be looking good. I think AF is here.
    Last edited by Ever1013; 04-09-2013 at 12:56.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ever1013 For This Useful Post:

crofty  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Crofty. Congratulations on your little boy! Glad to hear you are off progesterone too. I am going well. I finally got my blood test results on Saturday from the Monday before and they were spot on. So all good news there. My 7 weeks scan is next Monday 9 September so looking forward to seeing a heartbeat.

Ever - I'm sorry to hear that things might not be working out for you this time. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

crofty  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Crofty, so glad things are progressing well for you - and a boy
    i hope your symptoms get better soon. I actually thought of you the other week when i was so sick and was put on prednisone to try and clear up my lungs, i freaked a bit that it would affect my chances of getting good eggs and remembered that you were on that so it eased my mind a little

I have a blood test on friday, and a scan and blood test on Monday 9 September. i've never been ready for epu after that first scan, but maybe if i have got the hormone i will? But i reckon epu will probably be next Friday 13th - hope that's not a bad omen, but then again everything has been drama filled this cycle, what's one more?

hwaterhouse - we might be at the clinic at the same time on Monday?

Ever, how is it going today? Was it AF? sending lots of your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Definitely full blown AF. HPT was negative this morning. I will put a call in to the nurses this morning to let them know. We have an appointment next week with Dr Bradbury. I have not met her before. Our usual FS is on leave. Maybe Dr Bradbury can help us understand why we didn't get any frosties from 9 that fertilised.

Good luck Chiefs Girl! This is your cycle I am sure of it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ever1013 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (05-09-2013)