Closed Thread
Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Has anyone here needed to have medicated FETs? I don't ovulate, so would still need drugs..
    Sorry to crash your thread. I am a patient of westmead and have just had 4 medicated FET. I do ovulate but cycles aren't regular. So I was given very low doses of Puregon and was monitored via regular blood tests and ultrasounds. When hormones were getting to level indicating ovulation then I would have ultrasound to check dominate follicle and then have a trigger and then transfer 5 days later. Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sandramm1 View Post
    Sorry to crash your thread. I am a patient of westmead and have just had 4 medicated FET. I do ovulate but cycles aren't regular. So I was given very low doses of Puregon and was monitored via regular blood tests and ultrasounds. When hormones were getting to level indicating ovulation then I would have ultrasound to check dominate follicle and then have a trigger and then transfer 5 days later. Hope that helps
    Thanks Sandra! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeannie... gosh I hope DrS will have some suggestions. Not sure how you feel, but at least if I know there's 'something' going on, then I have something to focus on and work on... not sure how I would feel if they simply shrugged their shoulders....

Mrs Jag so glad you're getting your ducks in a row. Have you told DH you're investigating

JemJems hope all is progressing well

AFM nothing exciting....currently 16+2 and next scan won't be until just before 20 weeks. We DID lay-by a pram yesterday though, so that's our excitement for the week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam - VERY exciting! Bringing the pram home made it all very real. Hubby has sternly told me we aren't looking into our FETs until baby girl is 1 year old. He's practical: I'm clucky. :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeannie1 View Post
    Hi chiefsgirl,

I went in the acupuncture trial a couple of cycles ago, you have acupuncture after your first blood test while stimming & directly after transfer (it's just near the hospital on hawkesbury road) you don't know if your having the real deal or not at the time and they 'unblind' you at the end of the trial as to whether you had placebo Accupuncture or not x
    Thanks jeannie, I have contacted them and they're just checking the growth hormone study won't interfere? Does anyone know any acupuncture therapist that work in Sydney and deal with IVF? Thought I should look into it, just to be on the safe side!

Jemjems, how did your scan and ob appt go last week?

Ever - how was that game? I was on the edge of the couch - DH let me ring my cowbell at the end of the game - he doesn't like me doing it too much, we live in the burbs and our neighbours wd probably think we're nuts!

Little dragon are you still here? Your FS appt is this month right? Are you excited its getting closer to starting?

AFM- just waiting for AF, shd be later this week. I'm still hitting the gym pretty hard and lost 1.1kgs last week. I thought I'd only lost 100g and was disappointed till my trainer pointed out it was over a kilo!

Hugs to everyone else, I hope you're all having a great day xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl - does WFC still do the acu trial??? I think the contact is Pru - details were stuck of the wall near the front desk/reception

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi crofty, I think they might be - although no one there has ever mentioned it to me. I actually found a link to the uni of west syd by searching the forums! So I've contacted them directly and I fit the criteria, but they're double checking if I can do that as well as the growth hormone trial.

TBH I think I'd rather just find an acupuncturist and pay them - that way I'll know I'm getting it and not a placebo. With all the money we spend on our cycles what's a little more?!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post

Ever - how was that game? I was on the edge of the couch - DH let me ring my cowbell at the end of the game - he doesn't like me doing it too much, we live in the burbs and our neighbours wd probably think we're nuts!

Little dragon are you still here? Your FS appt is this month right? Are you excited its getting closer to starting?

AFM- just waiting for AF, shd be later this week. I'm still hitting the gym pretty hard and lost 1.1kgs last week. I thought I'd only lost 100g and was disappointed till my trainer pointed out it was over a kilo!

Hugs to everyone else, I hope you're all having a great day xxxx
    Hi Chiefs Girl! Wow the game was insane! We watched it at our local and we were sitting at a table of Brumby supporters. Fantastic result! Love the cow bell! My DH is a Sydney boy so he really doesn't understand the Chiefs country nostalgia.

Well done on the weight loss, thats fantastic! Great work.

I'm still sniffing and haven't had and side effects with the Synarel which is awesome. We have an early appointment Wens to pick up our needles. Not looking forward to the jabbing part, although I am sure it will be a piece of cake.

Speaking of cake, on a tangent, I went to Adriano Zumbo today for a sweet treat, and the shop was closed. Must be closed on Mondays. Nooooooo! Was so looking forward to some sort of salted caramel, vanillary creation.

Hi to everyone, hope your Monday is treating you well.
    Last edited by Ever1013; 05-08-2013 at 17:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah no-one offered me the trial - not sure if they can, ie: you
    May feel obligated to participate if asked?

My acupuncturist/TCM was on the northern beaches!!! But he was suggested to me by relatives and I also tried him naturally then on ivf cycle - in sure theres been reference to a couple in parramatta area if you look through either wfc or Sydney thread xo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty, they came back to me and i can do the trial. When I told DH i got in he said the sign at WFC said you had to have had 2 failed cycles, so that's why they probably didn't mention anything to me.

i participated in a study in my first cycle about the effects of FSH and any OHSS symptoms, and then they asked me again when i started my second cycle, so I don't think they're too shy about asking!

i'm slowly going waiting for AF, I never thought I'd be wishing for it to arrive, but i just want to get started again