Closed Thread
Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 931
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    641
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    169
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For those who have done an FET, do you usually just call on the day AF arrives for the cycle of the FET or do you call/get something organised before then?
    Does anyone know if there's any chance of it being pushed back? When I called to start our ivf, they couldn't fit us in and we had to wait another month, I'm a little worried that might happen again with an FET :-/

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greystanes
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    126
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca85 View Post
    For those who have done an FET, do you usually just call on the day AF arrives for the cycle of the FET or do you call/get something organised before then?
    Does anyone know if there's any chance of it being pushed back? When I called to start our ivf, they couldn't fit us in and we had to wait another month, I'm a little worried that might happen again with an FET :-/
    Hi Becca, yep you just call on day 1 of AF, they get you in at approx day 11 of you cycle for a blood test, paperwork, payment etc then you use ovulation test kits at home until your LH serge at text westmead ( you can even send them a pic if unsure) once you ovulate then its an ultrasound and transfer day scheduled - pretty stress free actually! I couldn't see you would have any issue getting in on a FET x

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greystanes
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    126
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ever1013 View Post
    Oh wow Chiefs Girl, I LOVE the shoes! I am very excited for Saturdays game. We will be heading to our local to cheer on the team.

    Nurses appointment went well. Picked up our Synarel and started sniffing. AF is starting to arrive and we pick up our drugs next week. With a busy weekend planned, I have plenty of excitement to get me through until then!

    The growth hormone study sounds interesting.
    Yay! Good luck ever xx

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

    Ever1013  (02-08-2013)

  5. #394
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greystanes
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    126
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Ok, try at post number 2 as my first one disappeared!

    I went back to Rachel yesterday and she said she didn't feel like it was an implanting issue, more an egg quality issue.

    We are going to continue with the same cycle, but she's also enrolled me in a light study - growth hormone study - hopefully i don't get the placebo!

    Does anyone know anything about the accupuncture study that is happening?

    Ever, how did your nurses appointment go? Are you excited for Saturday's game? Not sure if it will work but check out my shoes

    We have casual friday dress at work so i'll be wearing them with my jersey tomorrow!

    Hope everyone is well
    Hi chiefsgirl,

    I went in the acupuncture trial a couple of cycles ago, you have acupuncture after your first blood test while stimming & directly after transfer (it's just near the hospital on hawkesbury road) you don't know if your having the real deal or not at the time and they 'unblind' you at the end of the trial as to whether you had placebo Accupuncture or not x

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

    Chiefsgirl  (05-08-2013)

  7. #395
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greystanes
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    126
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    So sorry jeanie - have you looked into other factors such as elevated NK cells etc??? Maybe something to consider before another transfer???
    Hi Crofty, thanks x
    No that's probably the only stone unturned by dr smith..I will ask him about it - it's a mystery as all tests are coming back good x

  8. #396
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,688
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    489
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone here needed to have medicated FETs? I don't ovulate, so would still need drugs..

  9. #397
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    641
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    169
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeannie1 View Post
    Hi Becca, yep you just call on day 1 of AF, they get you in at approx day 11 of you cycle for a blood test, paperwork, payment etc then you use ovulation test kits at home until your LH serge at text westmead ( you can even send them a pic if unsure) once you ovulate then its an ultrasound and transfer day scheduled - pretty stress free actually! I couldn't see you would have any issue getting in on a FET x
    Thanks so much! This is the exact info I've been wanting. Spoke to the dr about doing a natural cycle but I was still a little unsure about how it all came together. Do they give you the ovulation tests? I feel so lost with all of this because everything is new and I have no idea what to expect.

  10. #398
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greystanes
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    126
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca85 View Post
    Thanks so much! This is the exact info I've been wanting. Spoke to the dr about doing a natural cycle but I was still a little unsure about how it all came together. Do they give you the ovulation tests? I feel so lost with all of this because everything is new and I have no idea what to expect.
    Thats ok! Yep, the give you that on your first blood test day, that afternoon they will tell you via text when to begin testing :-)

  11. #399
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greystanes
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    126
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Has anyone here needed to have medicated FETs? I don't ovulate, so would still need drugs..
    Sorry mrs jag only natural for me, you going again????? Xx

  12. #400
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,688
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    489
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeannie1 View Post
    Sorry mrs jag only natural for me, you going again????? Xx
    Oh gosh, not for a while! Just trying to figure things out. I still have no hint of a cycle after the pregnancy -- so doesn't look like anything will have changed.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2
    By JemJems in forum IVF
    Replies: 760
    Last Post: 23-04-2013, 07:27
  2. Dr Melham at Westmead?
    By Maddy40 in forum IVF
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 13:32
  3. Anyone going to WFC (Westmead)
    By slp in forum IVF
    Replies: 1400
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 19:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Wendys Music School
Wendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or singing your favourite music in 90 days GUARANTEED! Book a free assessment online now!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!