+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why me moment

Today I had a "why me moment". My sister in law who I love as if she was my blood sister, told us her good news today that her and her partner of 7 months are pregnant. She's the same age as I am, has the same chances as we have, just the two of them were lucky. It wasn't planned, it just happened. My partner and I, together for 5 years, just haven't been that lucky. That's life, I know that, and self pitty is a time waster. I envy her, of course I do, I'm not jealouse, I am happy for her and wouldn't want it to be different, she deserves this just as much as as I do, or any of us. She was lucky. But I still want to cry.

40 + 9 months, 6 IUI's and 2 IVF's. hopefully starting 3rd end May

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby's best mate's wife just had a baby this week. I had the same feelings. It's really annoying and you're happy for them but u do wanna bang ur head against the wall and say 'why me?'

Thanks
    Reviews
    *hugs* it sucks doesn't it? My SIL and I fell pregnant at the same time, unfortunately I miscarried while she carried on to term. There will always be a part of me that is bitter over it, but of course it's not her fault, so there's nothing I can do but vent in private places like this.

So let yourself have a bit of self pity, it's completely understandable!

Sent from my doodad on the whatsimagiggy

Thanks
    Reviews
    We all feel like that, then feel even worse as you feel bad you have felt that way. I just learnt to smile and act excited and have a cry/pity party in the shower!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to second baby not so easy For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies, yeah the vicious circle of feeling bad for feeling bad. And then it's stuck in your head and you think and think. Funny thing is I can't even really cry, I'm just frustrated, then think I shouldn't be and just relax. So now I have to try and allow all the feelings good and bad to just flow and do what they meant to do and then get on with it. Oh and I am excited for them, I'm pretending, but yes I do hide the hurt.
    Thanks again Ladies, big to all of you.