+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnancy Insomnia!!

Anyone else experiencing third trimester pregnancy insomnia..

What have you been doing to get to sleep??

I have no energy to use the time wisely... But no matter how tired I am as soon as I get into bed I'm wide awake!

Any suggestions??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had that with my second. I downloaded a white noise app and went to sleep each night to the sound of birds chirping out in a meadow. Worked every time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've figured out when I can't sleep I'm actually hungry. End up having a bowl of cereal or crackers & milk in the middle of the night and always go straight back to sleep after.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinning For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    im 13wks and have had this problem since about 5wks, when I do finally get to sleep, its only for 3-4hrs max, then im awake for another 4-6hrs before getting a bit more sleep, I used to be able to sleep so well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinning View Post
    I've figured out when I can't sleep I'm actually hungry. End up having a bowl of cereal or crackers & milk in the middle of the night and always go straight back to sleep after.
    Did you feel hungry??? Or did you just force yourself to eat? Cause the midwife did suggest this... But I never feel like I'm hungry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have dreadful insomnia at the moment. I've had it throughout all my pregnancies. I do think it's partly hunger as well although I've never actually done anything about it when I've been awake.

Do you have a pregnancy pillow? I get restless legs and find it helps me sleep.

The insomnia is awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I learnt a breathing technique in yoga which helped me get to sleep when I was gigantically pregnant. Breathe in for as many counts as you comfortably can (I found 4 was my limit) then breathe out for the same count, and repeat. You're so focused on counting and breathing that everything else leaves your head and I would drift off really quickly!
    Also make sure you're not too warm as your body temperature has to drop in order for you to go to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    Did you feel hungry??? Or did you just force yourself to eat? Cause the midwife did suggest this... But I never feel like I'm hungry
    No I didn't feel hungry but I just though I might be and it works for me. And when I start eating it goes down easy so I think I must be and I just can't tell. As a guide I'm a size 8 normally and have put on almost 15kg at 37w so I'm not the kind of person who just eats for the sake of eating.

I don't want to get up and eat but if I'm awake for a half hr or more I get up and eat because otherwise I find i can just lay there for hours wanting to sleep but not being able to. Normally between 2.30 and 3.30am

I suggest u give it a try. Nothing to lose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I sit and eat almost in the dark as I don't want to wake myself up fully as that could also make it harder to get back to sleep. I don't turn all the lights on. We have a sensor light and its not too bright and kind of in the next room so I can see just enough between that and the light from opening the fridge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I find that I'm very hot! Also hard with my partner in the bed as his body temperature is so hot... So he heats up the bed.. I want the fan on high & he wants it on low.. So we argue about that...

I will try the eating tonight & see how I go. I have the body pillow .. It is a lifesaver... I still find myself tossing and turning at night though. Moving the pillow from left to right lol.