+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It does seem scary to have such small people vaccinated with (in some cases) the same dosage as much bigger people get! But here's something that might alter your view on "too young":

My DD was 2 months old (actual) and still 32 weeks gestation (corrected) and in the NICU when she had her 8 week vax, she weighed about 3lb and had been having siezures when she was a couple of weeks old, she was absolutely fine.

She is now almost 11 months (actual) and about the size of an average 4 month old, had the flu vax a couple of weeks ago and was fine :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH paid $17 for the flu vac and no appt charge at our doctor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was offered the vax through work as i work with the elderly but i declined as if i got it, DS should get it and i have heard its unsafe for children under 5. DS is 5 but i dont what the difference is from under 5 to a little closer to 6. If it isnt safe for under 5's, why would it be safe for my almost 6yr old?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My GP also made the statement that healthy children can die from the flu vacc (as happened last yr)...hence another reason why he didn't want to vax my kids as they are generally healthy. Such a hard decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I was offered the vax through work as i work with the elderly but i declined as if i got it, DS should get it and i have heard its unsafe for children under 5. DS is 5 but i dont what the difference is from under 5 to a little closer to 6. If it isnt safe for under 5's, why would it be safe for my almost 6yr old?

I think it's only one brand that's not recommended for under 5s.

What do you mean you declined because if you got it your DS should get it? Why should he get it just because you do? Am I reading that right?
    We are getting it ( DH and I) so that there is less chance we will get the flu and pass it on to the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decision is so hard I feel my babies are just too young - might stay inside all winter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am a pro vaxxer to the core, but our GP doesn't recommend it for kids under 5 unless they have underlying conditions like asthma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Atropos is right, there is one brand which is not recommended for children under five, but there are four other brands available, your GP would be able to select the right one for each patient.
    I just got mine last week (free as I'm pregnant). At my GP clinic they vaccinated 800 people in the first fortnight it was available, pretty amazing hey!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Atropos is right, there is one brand which is not recommended for children under five, but there are four other brands available, your GP would be able to select the right one for each patient.
    I just got mine last week (free as I'm pregnant). At my GP clinic they vaccinated 800 people in the first fortnight it was available, pretty amazing hey!
    Ah, thought so, thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I think it's only one brand that's not recommended for under 5s.

What do you mean you declined because if you got it your DS should get it? Why should he get it just because you do? Am I reading that right?
    We are getting it ( DH and I) so that there is less chance we will get the flu and pass it on to the baby.
    You read that correct, i wont vax him with it unless it was an absolute dire need and i recieved the vax myself. We all have our own beliefs and choices and thats mine to make.