+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    hello

I can understand how you feel. It's not still the mild PND or depression? That can suck the life out of people.

I can responded well to zinc, magnesium, B6 and B 12.

Good luck. It is horrible feeling tired all the time.
    Thank you. I don't think so. I don't feel depressed, and I don't feel as teary/ emotional as I did after having DD.

I feel positive about things, and I look forward to doing things again. I just feel exhausted. There hasn't been a break between TTC for the first time, fertility treatment, newborn, TTC for the 2nd time, fertility treatment, and 2 pregnancies (1 m/c).

I keep getting excited at the thought of life being 'normal' again after the baby is born, but then worried in case I don't have the energy to even enjoy any of things I'm looking forward to doing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in the third trimester & fighting exhaustion too, and I don't do that much! I'm trying to just roll with it in the hope that it passes, but I too worry that I won't ever feel 'normal' again. I find being pregnant that I'm getting poor quality sleep even though the hours are there, because I toss and turn a lot and get up to pee. Then just the extra work our bodies are doing growing lovely babies, pretty hard work!

Hope you feel a lot better soon!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Iron, exercise and not sleeping too much seem to work for me. Sometimes DF takes bub in the morning and lets me sleep in - then I become a bit of a zombie for the rest of the day because I've had too much sleep. Of course, if you're waking up every five seconds to pee, you're not getting enough deep, restful sleep anyway, and that's definitely adding to the strain.

My energy levels used to be just fine before I got pregnant; but I was always so sapped and it hasn't improved even six months after birth! But my GP always reminds me to up my iron intake. A good portion of iron-rich foods several times a week really helps me. I also take multivitamins and vitamin D supplements. Vitamin D deficiency can also leave you feeling blergh and it's very common these days.

Obviously exercise also helps boost energy levels. Not exactly the best weather for a long walk in the park, though!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you mentioned it to your GP? It may be worth getting your thyroid tested.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunshine81 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Perhaps you are sleeping too much? I used to go to bed really early and was always tired and DH suggested i was tired from over sleeping, so I stayed up later and I didn't feel as tired. Crazy, but true. Maybe give it a go?
    This ^^

I always feel worse if I get too much constant sleep. I find my happy medium is actually less than the recommended 8hrs - 6-7 is enough for me. Not that I get anywhere near that at the moment!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine81 View Post
    Have you mentioned it to your GP? It may be worth getting your thyroid tested.
    I mentioned it to my OB, and he tested for thyroid, iron, etc. All came back normal.