+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fetal heart monitor (Doppler)

I've been borrowing a friend's fetal Doppler and its been an absolute sanity saver when it comes to my anxiety attacks about bub or when bub is quiet so I just know its sleeping rather than no longer alive. My friend is pregnant again and obviously wants it back and I'm immediately panicking at the thought of not having that backup to go to to check in on belly baby. So to those who have hired/bought one where did you get it from, which one did you get and how much did you pay for it? Thanks in advance

Busy Baking my rainbow, due July 2013

Busy Baking my rainbow, due July 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We bought 2 on eBay. Not sure why we ended up getting 2, but we never used one and used the other one twice I think!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

gonnabeaGR8mum  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had one and you are right it is a sanity saver especially after losing 3 babies, although I had meltdowns when bub decided to hide and I couldn't find him. I soon learnt that a glass of really cold water usually got him jumping I can not remember the name of the website I got mine from but it cost $180. If you google "fetal heart Doppler Australia" you should find some good ones at decent prices.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

gonnabeaGR8mum  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old post but I thought I would comment for any newbies looking for one.
    I found the Sonoline B Fetal Doppler, LCD 3mhz online in AUS for around $130 on sale. I checked eBay before purchasing it and the same company had them for sale for US$53. So I ended up getting it for half price, from the same company. I've used it 3 times successfully so far (I've only had it for 5 days though).
    Although it took a lot of patience (about 1 hour over three attempts) hearing the heartbeat was amazing. I really needed to hear it because I was worried so for me it was worth it.
    Last edited by Cantwaittobeamun; 06-01-2014 at 16:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaittobeamun View Post
    Although it took a lot of patience (about 1 hour over three attempts) hearing the heartbeat was amazing. I really needed to hear it because I was worried so for me it was worth it.
    Can I make a suggestion that next time you call the midwives/hospital and ask for their advice? Just because you think you hear the heartbeat for a minute or two doesn't mean theres something wrong. The hospital would monitor the fetal heart rate pattern (something you can't do with a handheld doppler, especially no experience with fetal heart rates) for over half an hour and use that to make sure that there is no concerns with baby.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I've had three ultrasounds so far and so far, so good. I was under a lot of stress at the time and had severe cramping for a few days so I just wanted to see if I could hear anything. I haven't touched it since and I don't plan on using it again. I guess I'm just still in shock that I fell pregnant on the second try when it took my mum 7 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard not to worry. I'm 37+2 with my 3rd and I still worry.

If you can't feel bin move for a bit, drink a glass of ice cold water quite quickly. Then lie down for 10 mins and that should do the trick.

If you still can't feel them move, then call your middie to be professionally checked