+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best place to buy/hire fetal Doppler for home use

I've been borrowing a friend's fetal Doppler and its been an absolute sanity saver when it comes to my anxiety attacks about bub or when bub is quiet so I just know its sleeping rather than no longer alive. My friend is pregnant again and obviously wants it back and I'm immediately panicking at the thought of not having that backup to go to to check in on belly baby. So to those who have hired/bought one where did you get it from, which one did you get and how much did you pay for it? Thanks in advance

Busy Baking my rainbow, due July 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been hiring mine from belly beat for $33 a month + P&H. I found the express postage really good as i didn't have to wait long for it to arrive and it came with the postage bag to send it back too, it also came with the gel and batteries - though i have been using it for 3 months now and still have a month to go before my lil girl is due. The Doppler is a bistos brand and i am happy with it.

Dopplers are great for reassuring me that she is ok, especially on days she isn't as active as others.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue For This Useful Post:

gonnabeaGR8mum  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an angeltalk one, got it off a friend and they are pretty cheap online. It's amazing and works from 12th week.
    Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coop8818 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've got a sonotech express and its really good :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got an angel sounds one which I bought on eBay for $22 with free postage. It took 3 weeks to be delivered and its the best buy I've ever made!! U can ask for quicker postage but it'll cost a little extra...

Thanks
    Reviews
    How far along do you have to be for one to work? I am looking into buying one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard the HB at 11 weeks but it was tricky to find.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No offence, but you should really be contacting your midwife or doctor if you have concerns about your baby.

For example if baby is moving very little or not at all, but you use your Doppler at home and listen to heartbeat for 15 seconds and think all is well. But if you'd contacted your midwife/doctor and they listened to the heartbeat for a lot longer in the hospital then they might have found problems with the heart rate pattern that showed baby was in distress.

Whilst its nice to listen to baby at home, do not let it replace antenatal care or prevent you from contacting your midwife or doctor if concerned. You should really just stick to paying attention to fetal movements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    No offence, but you should really be contacting your midwife or doctor if you have concerns about your baby.

For example if baby is moving very little or not at all, but you use your Doppler at home and listen to heartbeat for 15 seconds and think all is well. But if you'd contacted your midwife/doctor and they listened to the heartbeat for a lot longer in the hospital then they might have found problems with the heart rate pattern that showed baby was in distress.

Whilst its nice to listen to baby at home, do not let it replace antenatal care or prevent you from contacting your midwife or doctor if concerned. You should really just stick to paying attention to fetal movements.
    No offense but depending on far along some woman are, it is hard to always stick to fetal movements. Personally still at 35 weeks my bub doesn't meet the quota of 5 times in a hour most days, even though i have contacted the midwives and been tested multiple times since week 20, all tests and scans showing that there is no issues, i just don't feel every move she makes. So being able to hear the heart beat is reassuring for some and also pushing down with the Doppler get's my bub to move also as apposed to just eating ice which is what they give me in hospital which does nothing now.

I understand what you are saying and do suggest if you are worried at first still contact your midwife and be tested but if all is good, so what is the matter of some harmless fun of checking on your growing bub as along as the medical people say that the bub is fine.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldblue For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (23-04-2013),mousky  (23-04-2013),NORgirl  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent thanks

I may look into getting one once I hit 12 weeks.