+ Reply to Thread
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default When your LO dropped day naps

How long did it take for them to get used to not having their nap?

Poor DS dropped his nap at the start of the year just before he turned 3, and has never seemed to get used to not having it. We've moved his bedtime to 6.30 from 7.30, which is tricky because DP doesn't get home from work till 6 so barely gets to see him. And from about 2 or 3 in the afternoon he's just spent. So we can't really go out in the afternoon as he's just so tired.
    He always falls asleep in the car if we're driving after 2pm, sleeps 30 mins and then is devestated for the rest of the day
    I'm not sure what to do, he's always so tired, but there's no way I could reintroduce his nap, he wouldnt have a bar of it, plus I couldn't spend the time settling him as I also have a 4 month old.

So I'm really just wondering how long he'll be tired all the time. I thought he's be used to it by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My niece is 3 and has "rest" time in the afternoon where she lays in bed with the iPad and often will have a bottle of milk. She lays there for half an hour or so and doesn't sleep but it's all she needs to recharge. Maybe try to introduce that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    My niece is 3 and has "rest" time in the afternoon where she lays in bed with the iPad and often will have a bottle of milk. She lays there for half an hour or so and doesn't sleep but it's all she needs to recharge. Maybe try to introduce that?
    This is what we've been doing, but he doesn't want to give up the iPad, and just cries and cries for it as he's too tired to do anything else. I try holding off and just get him to do quiet activities with me till around 3.30 (Lego, craft) and then I'll let him have a DVD or the iPad till dinner at 5 (far more than I'd like him to watch but with a newborn and his moods it's something I'm trying to let slide)

I feel like he really really still needs a nap, but he wasn't going down till after 2, and liked to sleep for 2+ hours. If you woke him earlier he would have a meltdown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know I wish I knew also! DD is 2 and a half and gave up her nap at 25 months

She will still have a nap at school just not at home. So by late afternoon she's a bit of a mess lol.

Yesterday she fell asleep within seconds of lying down with me to feed bub but this was at 4:40 in the afternoon. Noooo!