+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Question about RPL?

Hi, long, long story short, I'm considering changing from the bachelor of nursing to the diploma of nursing. Unfortunately the course isn't government funded and so I have to use fee help. I was hoping to get RPL or credit for the units I've already completed. Does anyone know if fee help pays for RPL or do I have to pay for that out of my own pocket. How does RPL work? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    A girl in my class ( diploma of enrolled nursing) had a fair bit of RPL as she had started the course previously but dropped out. The units she got granted rpl for, she wasn't charged for. So her fee help debt is less than the rest of the class.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks HarvestMoon, I've just got my offer for the diploma so looks like I'd better get all my documentation sorted out. It's going to be a hectic couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You should check with the course provider, I think fee-help covers RPL.

RPL basically involves being assessed against the relevant competencies & requirements for that unit - so the assessor will look at the study you have already completed and any relevant work experience and from there will determine whether or not you are competent in that particular unit.

You should also speak directly to the provider because if any of the units you have already completed in the degree are identical to those in the diploma (same unit name & requirements etc) you might be able to just get a direct credit transfer, meaning you won't have to worry about paying for those units again or going through the RPL process.

Hope that helps