+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How many rounds? Starting to worry!

Hi, I am starting to get a little nervous after reading everyone's experiences! My partner and I (26 & 28) are starting to plan for our little rainbow babes and have started looking into different options but are still extremely new to it all. It seems like many people have quite a few unsuccessful rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF. Now I wasn't expecting that we would have great news after the first attempt but I also thought that most would be success stories after a few rounds. It seems like I was a little off the mark though. We are now trying to budget and plan for a realistic amount and I am starting to a get a little overwhelmed as we are also saving to build our home. We want to raise these little bubba's in our new family home but we don't want to hold off too much longer either because we feel that we are emotionally ready now. This is a hard situation. I guess a lot of people have also experienced the same thing when it comes to the financial side of it. We don't want to put ourselves into great debt to conceive because we want to be able to enjoy the bubbas and spend our money on giving them what they need not having to scrape by so that we can repay the bank. Anyone have any thoughts or any info that might help me from stressing out? I will be calling fertility first this week as I would love to speak to them and get a clear understanding of the process and what we will be in for but it would be great to get some advice from people who have actually gone through this/currently going through it. Thanks in advance!

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest for my Dh and I IUI was a complete waste of time and I wish that we had gone straight to IVF. All up we had 3 goes of IUI and 8 rounds of Ivf. Everyone is different though. Goodluck with your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing, it sounds like you have had a lot of experience! I'm not sure if I have read the pricing right on fertility sites but most say that a round of IVF is around the $10k mark. Is that the case with each round after? I'm starting to wonder if our dream of owning our own home and having children will not work. Perhaps we need to tackle one or the other...it's very overwhelming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I'm not a same sex parent (a single mum), however i'm about to go into my third round of IUI... And currently feeling like I'm at a cross roads, because like you, don't want to be financially worrying with the costs of IVF... I was really hoping IUI would do the trick...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess my main concern right now is that we will have too much faith IUI and will spend so much money in attempts through that method and that we will then wish we just started with IVF instead. It's all about how much faith we can put in it. My partner says she feels positive and very fertile but that's not really enough to go by when you are talking about thousands of dollars for each pop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a gamble, I say don't give up hope on IUI, we fell pregnant on our 2nd IUI with fertility first & now have a 15 week old DD! Goodluck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! That's fantastic! Congratulations! It's nice to hear it worked for someone. It's one of the first success stories I have heard

Thanks
    Reviews
    For us we have done 8 cycles of DIY at home without success, 1 cycle with DP and we had SD1. Four years later I've have done 3 cycles of IVF(didn't even try IUI) without success and DP has done 1 cycle of IUI (we find out if she is pregnant over the weekend coming)

There are many stories of "first"try success as there are of years of trying.
    It comes down to money, age and many other issues to how long you can keep trying for if you go down the road of IUI or IVF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    My partner and I went straight to IVF as I'm pregnant with her egg. We had success on the 3rd cycle, and as we couldn't get any Medicare rebate, was about $20,000 - $25,000 in total, over an 8 month period.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie

Hi, I'm new on this site as well my partner and I are about to start ivf with qfg. We are using the same method as alle (using my partners egg etc) I was wondering what fertility centre you used alle? It's so hard to choose. Very exciting but overwhelming at the same time. Good luck with your journey😊