+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you DIY around your home

I've been meaning to start this thread for weeks but haven't got around to it...

But here it is... What do you DIY around your home that other women & mothers could benefit from knowing? (If they're not already aware of them!)

1- if you've got stuff burnt on the bottom of a saucepan, use a bicarb soda paste to scrub the bottom of the saucepan.

2- add some bicarb soda to your washing for extra cleaning power.

3- to remove body odour from DH/DP's clothes, spray/soak them in vinegar for a little while (I do for 30 mins) and then wash as normal.

4- if you have left over lemons, take the rind and boil in 4 cups of water. Once cooled add 6 tablespoons of vinegar & 3 teaspoons of borax. Mix well and put into a empty spray bottle (or 2) and you have a nice citrus scented spray & wipe.

Then juice the lemons, and pour into a ice cube tray & freeze. You can empty the cubes into a ziplock bag after frozen if you need the tray for other ice. Then when you need fresh lemon juice just defrost as many cubes as you need. (I also do this with tomato paste as I never use a full jar within 30 days).

I'd love to hear other tried & true tips to use what is already around the home to waste less & save more money!

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just used bicarb soda to clean my nasty stained coffee cup. It is now lovely & white again! I feel much more comfortable using bicarb than bleach in anything I'm going to drink out of.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Subbing. I found this a while ago which is helpful...

http://www.stayathomemum.com.au/reci...ousehold-tips/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make my own super cheap and effective laundry liquid using borax, soap flakes, washing soda and essential oils. I only ever use bicarb and ACV (apple cider vinegar) to cleanse and condition my hair.
    My whole house cleaning spray is 3/4 white vinegar, 1/4 water, drops of tea tree, eucalyptus and lavender oil. My toothpaste is bicarb soda, coconut oil, tiny pinch of salt and few drops peppermint oil.
    My mouthwash is crushed folic acid tablets, salt, bicarb, witchhazel, drops of peppermint oil all disolved in water. My face cream is a mix of coconut oil, rosehip oil and vitamin e oil. I *think* that's it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I make my own breastfeeding tablets by encapsulating brewers yeast to make it easy to have a high dose everyday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Mulva! You're a DIY queen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great website London...

I love this idea!!!

" Spray your Tupperware with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato-based sauces – no more stains."

I hate when tomato ruins my tupperware.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bi-carb soda is awesome. I've got a whole book on things you can use it for.

Napisan is AMAZING for cleaning oven racks. I think it mainly works on Chrome, but my oven looks brand new after using it. :thumbup:

Sent from my doodad on the whatsimagiggy