+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you having a carb snack before bed? Some people find that key to help their fasting.

I can't do fruit before bed due to indigestion so have a bowl of cereal.

If that doesn't help then unfortunately it probably just one of those GD things you can't control - gotta love our pregnant bodies and the strange things they do!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had a carb snack before bed. Ill give it a go. Any examples of snacks?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had GD last pregnancy. Hoping not to get it again this pregnancy. It was diet controlled and I went to 39 weeks when I had my c-section (but I have had all my c-sections at 39 weeks it wasn't bc of the GD). They say GD makes your baby big but my GD baby was the smallest of my 3 by almost a pound (she was 7pd2 and my other 2 were 8pound 1 and 8pd3).

Try a glass of hot milo before bed, my levels were always better then nights I had milo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouschildcare View Post
    I haven't had a carb snack before bed. Ill give it a go. Any examples of snacks?????
    Have u seen a dietician or diabetes educator yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mordygordy View Post
    I had GD last pregnancy. Hoping not to get it again this pregnancy. It was diet controlled and I went to 39 weeks when I had my c-section (but I have had all my c-sections at 39 weeks it wasn't bc of the GD). They say GD makes your baby big but my GD baby was the smallest of my 3 by almost a pound (she was 7pd2 and my other 2 were 8pound 1 and 8pd3).

Try a glass of hot milo before bed, my levels were always better then nights I had milo.
    Uncontrolled diabetes (like severely uncontrolled with fasting levels of 13 etc) is what makes the babies macrosomic and sick. If you're well controlled, then most likely everything will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you try a snack last night and see any improvement?

You should definitely have been referred to (at least) a diabetes education plus hopefully a dietician - I found my appt with the dietician more useful than the DE.

If not, in the meantime google sample GDM diet plans to get some ideas for bedtime snacks. It seems to be quite an individual thing of what works. As I said, I have a serve (eg 40g) of cereal like SpecialK with milk as I get hungry through the night so need something quite filling/lasting. Other people, as PP suggested, like a glass/mug of milo with milk. Other ideas are fruit with yoghurt or, if you prefer a 'treat' type thing, some icecream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did have a warm milo last night and my levels where under yay!!!!!! Will try again tonight! I've seen the educator and I'm seeing the dietician this Thursday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo hoo! Hopefully that's what your body needs then and your fasting will be good again. I'm sure the dietician will be able to help even more with some ideas and tips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouschildcare View Post
    I did have a warm milo last night and my levels where under yay!!!!!! Will try again tonight! I've seen the educator and I'm seeing the dietician this Thursday
    That's great news! You will be a pro at this in no time