+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneychick View Post
    I know a few families that freeze the placentas to eat as pate or plant together as a family, but from experience please correctly label the placenta.
    ... Do tell

Animals eat their placenta to stop prey from smelling their newborns. I am not convinced of any benefits to humans ingesting organs including our own, especially filter system organs, but yep each to their own, I prefer a fake iron supplement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kept mine in the freeze for a little while, and then we planted it under a special tree (a gift from our wedding) when we moved it into the garden. I would love to have done placenta art, because they are pretty cool to look at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When the ob showed it to us I remember saying to DH 'placenta lasagna' cause we had read a website about different things people had done with their placentas. Someone had made gheirs into lasagna (aling wirh mince i think). Dunno what the ob thought of my comment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To the pp's who said their placenta was sent away for testing, do you mind me asking what they were testing it for? I have never heard of it being tested.

With all mine I had a look and then let the hospital dispose of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't see either of mine. DD1 was emergency C-section and the on said when he delivered it, it fell apart and appeared a bit gritty. DD2 was elective C-section, but seeing the placenta was the last thing on our minds, she had a heart issue (all clear) and no amniotic fluid, a big shock to everyone!

I would never consider doing anything alternative with it, (too ick for me) and to be honest never even considered having a look at it once delivered...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We planted DD's under a tree. I'm going to look into getting the next one encapsulated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't see it, didn't want to, hospital disposed of it. The thought of eating my own organ is like eating my own kidney in a steak and kidney pie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Didn't see it, didn't want to, hospital disposed of it. The thought of eating my own organ is like eating my own kidney in a steak and kidney pie.
    ^ this!! I just can't get my mind around ppl wanting to eat their own body part let alone feeding it to a husband!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To the people who planted their placenta under a tree, what kind of tree did you plant?

Mumma to Connor - 25/8/2011
    And bub #2 due - 24/8/2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I didn't see mine - I had a caesarean and nobody mentioned my placenta to me at all.

Next time I'll be having a homebirth and will be consuming mine.