Closed Thread
Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default june 2013 ivf cycle - 1st timer!

hi girls, nice to see i found some others going thru this but sadly looks like yourve got a lot of ivf history, im a 1st timer and am on the 2ww (yes im learning all the abbrevs), i had 7 eggs, 4 good ones and via icsi only 1 fertilised..fingers crossed..any advice on suriving the 2ww, i have 11 days to go..is it true i shouldnt exercise etc??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1morethanks View Post
    hi girls, nice to see i found some others going thru this but sadly looks like yourve got a lot of ivf history, im a 1st timer and am on the 2ww (yes im learning all the abbrevs), i had 7 eggs, 4 good ones and via icsi only 1 fertilised..fingers crossed..any advice on suriving the 2ww, i have 11 days to go..is it true i shouldnt exercise etc??
    I only had 1 fertilise in both of my first two cycles, so I know how much that sucks. No tips on surviving the TWW; I go crazy with POAS as soon as I can... there is NO WAY I could ever wait for my blood test! As for exercising, it's best to take it easy for the first couple of days after transfer, then after that you can do a bit of gentle cardio, but definitely no weights and try not to get too hot as embies don't like that. I usually slack off until the equivalent of 8dpo, then just do a little bit of walking when I feel like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1morethanks I am also in my 2WW there is nothing to make the time pass and u more than likely will go crazy as have I ha ha but I have 3 days to wait till my blood test and its going so slow... Try keep busy but def relax I found myself talking to my little "peanut" willing it to grow u know power of positive thinking and all that! Anything is worth a try, congratulation for getting this far on your first go its very exciting!!!! I got told to keep my core temperature as cool as possible so of course I havent been sleeping at night scared ill overheat. And no vigorous exercise for 5-7 days after transfer only light walking and swimming... Goodluck and lots of patience coming your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today's emby update: All embryos have progressed since yesterday. They range from 5 - 12 (!!) cells, and a couple of them have already started compacting (!!!). Is this actually happening??? I'm pinching myself! Every day I'm blown away more and more. I know I will almost definitely lose some overnight, but still, wow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele wonderful news! Keep thinking positive miracles do happen trust me I know they were going to throw out my 2 little eggs but decided last minute to watch them overnight and BOOM it took off and become a beautiful blastocyst I prayed and prayed and a miracle happened. Just like ALL of yours think positive and good things will happen

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaA For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - That's great news, keeping my fingers crossed for you that they all grow big and strong overnight.

1morethanks - Only advice I have is no hot baths, cut out caffeine and any other things that raise your body heat too much. The first time I did an IVF fresh cycle I stressed about every little thing and it didn't work but when I did my FET cycle I went straight back to work after my transfer, didn't tell any of my family or friends that I was trying again and just relaxed and took it easy and it resulted in my beautiful daughter! Good luck, I really hope you get your BFP.

MariaA - Also sending good luck your way and hoping you're not going too crazy lala in your 2ww. I've got all this to look forward to next month so hope I can follow my own advice when I'm in the thick of it too!

AFM - I am on day 3 of my Puregon injections and can't believe how easy I have found the injections this time. I used to be such a wuss and couldn't even look at a needle so this is a big improvement for me since I am now injecting myself. I haven't told any of my family or friends I am trying again because I didn't want the extra pressure of their expectation. Fingers crossed I'll be able to reveal all if I get a BFP.

To everyone else, hope your cycles are progressing nicely and you're all feeling positive about getting your little bubbas. I really hope we can all start a new thread soon titled "Babies due Feb/Mar 2014"!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to klong For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bad news as I worried did not survive the thaw

I hate my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sooo sorry Frances

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Frances I'm really sorry. That is just crushing news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Bad news as I worried did not survive the thaw

I hate my life.
    Hi Frances
    Lots of ,I am so sorry. I am sure you will get it next time.