Closed Thread
Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found out that one of the meds I am meant to go on isnt available in Australia. My OB/GYN here in town was most distressed for me and now I am waiting to hear back from the clinic in India as to what else they can prescribe for me. Buserelin is the name of the darned med.

Oh and I now get the joy of being on clexane for the entirety of the process AND if we are lucky to fall pregnant.. right up till the 36th week. YAYYYYY ME (not)! I tell ya, you get 1 itty bity dvt 6 yrs ago and they all think you are going to pop a major artery. Its all good, I know I am being looked after well. Im just a Mc Whingey Pants.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity Acres View Post
    Just found out that one of the meds I am meant to go on isnt available in Australia. My OB/GYN here in town was most distressed for me and now I am waiting to hear back from the clinic in India as to what else they can prescribe for me. Buserelin is the name of the darned med.

Oh and I now get the joy of being on clexane for the entirety of the process AND if we are lucky to fall pregnant.. right up till the 36th week. YAYYYYY ME (not)! I tell ya, you get 1 itty bity dvt 6 yrs ago and they all think you are going to pop a major artery. Its all good, I know I am being looked after well. Im just a Mc Whingey Pants.
    Oh darn DVT my besties had one and has to inject a week before and after any flight and she's a travel agent so it's ALL the time! Lol I didn't realise they would make you do it for a whole pregnancy wowzers!!! Might not tell her that lol

I had clexane for a week after my birth they are stingy I think more than my ivf ones were!!

I hope they can change your meds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.

Oddity, I work in hospital pharmacy, I will look for you tomorrow. I have access to overseas suppliers, so more than your general pharmacy. What dose/form/quantity should I be looking for?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Oddity Acres  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All I have been given so far is the name, Ngaiz. Nothing more. I was to run it by the OB/GYN.

I am waiting to hear back from the clinic, so that can take up to 2 days.
    I will let you know though as soon as I hear.

Thank you so so much for your kindness

Oh Alley, They are ouchie. Lucky there is a LOT of me to jab

My 18 yr old son is going to have to be the nurse a few times as Hubby will be away for a week amongst all of this. Im more afraid of him then he is of the needles. I quote " Dont sweat it Mum, Im a gamer.. I have lightening reflexes"

EEEEP! lol
    Last edited by Oddity Acres; 01-05-2013 at 19:21. Reason: Because I dont pay attention when I spell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity Acres For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I will make it my mission tomorrow and get back to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL oddity! Lightening reflexes made my day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, it never fails to amuse folks, when our boy gets all misty eyed over causing me agony!!

To be fair, he is a darling and I am jsut glad he is able to help me out. I do think there will be some other sneaky motive.. Pretty sure I am going to be hit up for a monetary stipend to cover his emotional trauma and deep psychological scarring over all this. He is Merciless

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oddity Acres For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (02-05-2013),Allymumtobe  (02-05-2013),MGC Bertie  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity Acres View Post
    Yes, it never fails to amuse folks, when our boy gets all misty eyed over causing me agony!!

To be fair, he is a darling and I am jsut glad he is able to help me out. I do think there will be some other sneaky motive.. Pretty sure I am going to be hit up for a monetary stipend to cover his emotional trauma and deep psychological scarring over all this. He is Merciless
    Lol never!! Hahaha

Really wanting to be pregnant again! I want to have something to be hopeful for and someone to care for.

I'm a bit sooky I'm at the hospy getting an ultra sound for possible left over blood clots and I should be getting a 33 week growth scan so it's fair depressing since I don't even have my beautiful boy to show off my efforts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you GIANT hugs and love. xoxo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity Acres For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ally, my heart aces for you every time you share your story. You're one amazing lady.

Oddity, I have found a supplier that can import Buserelin and will have more info for you tomorrow. I also have someone from the TGA calling me back tomorrow in regards to the restrictions around supply as its not registered for use here. When are you meant to start, the approval process takes about two weeks and I have no idea how long the import process will take.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (02-05-2013),Oddity Acres  (03-05-2013)