Closed Thread
Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning Ladies,

sorry to hear of the bad news

I'm sort of glad I can't get fertilisation rates today and spoil the last day of my holidays before going back to work. I've had low egg numbers due to them only accessing one side of my ovaries. And low rates of fertilisation as the icing on the cake. So I'm getting DH to answer the call, I don't want to loose it at work.

really hoping May is not a stimm month, but a TWW here's hoping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I'm joining you with a 7th fresh cycle. We are doing cgh and only got 5 day 3 embryos for testing last month, 3 good looking and 2 dodgy, so we decided to freeze them all, stim again and send the whole lot to get tested in June. If this does not work out our next plan is an egg donor. It has been such a long road and can not see the end. I'm on the pill until the end of may and am planned for epu on June 10th. In the mean time I've just started a new job. that is taking my mind off IVF a bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow Lillaa, what a rough ride you've been on. I sincerely hope you get some good embies for testing this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lillaa - we are on the same roundabout - 24sure array cgh. Last month we got 4 top grade embies to test and three of the four failed to amplify So they now join the other fail to amplify in the freezer and we have to take a chance on them. Which doesnt impress me much seeings the only other PGS cycle we have done 3/4 embies were abnormal PGS is a tough ride. Hope you get a couple of good ones in the two hauls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Sel that sounds terrible! What exactly does "fail to amplify" means? When will you send them all out for testing? Fingers crossed!
    Whenever I am in a month of, I remind myself how easily everyone on the planet get pregnant and it does only take ONE!
    Of course I forget all that wisdom when I'm in treatment...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lillaa - failed to amplify means that the cell they removed from the embryo couldnt have the DNA repeated millions and millions of times over to give the data they need to check its is ok. So we have four of them now where that has happened and they cant really re-test them at all because the success rate on doing that is so low. So we cant get the genetics on those embies, so have to take a chance on them

Sux huh! Its one of those rare things that doesnt happen too often. But we caught that category.

(It can be that the yeast that they use to amplify the genetic material doesnt bind well and so it just fails or a range of other things...)

Man I hate waiting

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Hey lillaa - failed to amplify means that the cell they removed from the embryo couldnt have the DNA repeated millions and millions of times over to give the data they need to check its is ok. So we have four of them now where that has happened and they cant really re-test them at all because the success rate on doing that is so low. So we cant get the genetics on those embies, so have to take a chance on them

Sux huh! Its one of those rare things that doesnt happen too often. But we caught that category.

(It can be that the yeast that they use to amplify the genetic material doesnt bind well and so it just fails or a range of other things...)

Man I hate waiting
    That sucks!! Can I ask what you are looking for in the genes? We are looking at getting our embies tested as our last Bub had T18

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have any of you ladies seen a naturopath in conjunction with ivf? Would you recommend it?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    I'm hoping to do my first fet in July, thinking that endo is back, so hoping to get another lap in June, so that the fet can be done in July but who knows.
    I've done 3 failed ivf cycles, and 2 failed iui.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ally, not looking for any gene problem in particular (which is what PGD does), looking at the chromosomes across the board for abnormals (which is PGS). We have a few indications for doing PGS. DH's sperm is testicular, my eggs arent great, we had an early loss of twins and Im old...so made sense for us to do that.
    And our first go at PGS showed 3/4 embies with extra and missing chromosomes, so we have a high abnormal rate

Happy to chat at any time about the testing Ally. Im sure your FS has taked to you about the T18. Its one of those sad things that can happen and at your age wouldnt be common :'(

Safam - I have seen Karen Martin, really like her. She helped me with supplements to take and not to take and also diet etc. And got my vit d levels checked. I think it was worth it. I have seen her twice, she's not pushy etc and will only see you when she/you think its needed.

Hi Twiglets...hmmm boo to endo Nice to have you here, but not, you know what I mean lol

Hope everyone else is doing ok?
    x