Closed Thread
Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wishnhope - Hope the accupuncture goes well. It worked for me so I am definitely an advocate for it. I also spent 15 minutes a night laying in a dark room with candles on and an incense stick listening to really relaxing chill out music which helped so much with my stress levels. At the time of my last FET I was in a really stressful work environment with a bully boss and it helped to just clear my mind at the end of each day. I find it hard to clear my mind so I just used to really concentrate on the music and my own steady breathing and eventually I would just feel really peaceful.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klong For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (03-06-2013),Wishnhope  (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning all,
    I have a few Questions as a first time IVFer so I am on 225 units of Gonal F that seems like a lot from reaidng others are usually started on 125 to 150. Any comments/thoughts?
    Needles I have never done them and keep thinking about how I am going to do them. How far in do you jab them ect. I think I am just over thinking it but I really just have no idea I usually look away when I get jabbed at the Doctors? Does anyone else have issues with having bubbles in there needles. My FN mentioned this and what to do but really is this common.
    Last but not least trigger needle I have two to do once again is this the usual?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by klong View Post
    wishnhope - Hope the accupuncture goes well. It worked for me so I am definitely an advocate for it. I also spent 15 minutes a night laying in a dark room with candles on and an incense stick listening to really relaxing chill out music which helped so much with my stress levels. At the time of my last FET I was in a really stressful work environment with a bully boss and it helped to just clear my mind at the end of each day. I find it hard to clear my mind so I just used to really concentrate on the music and my own steady breathing and eventually I would just feel really peaceful.
    Thanks Klong Im a crazy stresser (over the stupidest things) so I have to do something! The candles/music thing sounds really good might try that this week while DH is away (he thinks I should be like him and just relax - Yeah right!) who did you go see? Im seeing Ian at East meets West, absolutely lo vely guy and full of info!

Sorry I cant help Sharlee cant wait for my drugs talk so I know what you're all on about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Sharlee. Doses are different for everyone, it can depend on age, AMH and PCO. I have PCOS but low AMH (doesn't make sense) so I started on 75, increased to 100 then to 125 and got 7 eggs. Second round I used 112 and got 14.

When you pinch your skin the needle goes all the way in. Don't worry about any air bubbles as we only inject subcutaneously and bubbles are only a concern with IV injections.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 02-06-2013 at 10:50.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was funny my FN said to me about acupuncture when I did drug pick up and I looked down at the three bags of needles and thought to myself hell no I am already doing enough acupuncture on myself....anyway I just read the above post and reminded me and made me smile. Jokes aside I have heard that it can help So anyway I you tubed IVF and there are alot of videos of ladies doing the neddles which has helped clarify for me that I just basically stick it in the whole way and inject.

Wishnhope I am just referring to the names of my drugs. Gonal is one it is to basically encourage the follicals to develop (egg growth) and the trigger is the one we all take 36 hours to egg retreival. I also have another that is to prevent ovulation. So I have the three lots in all. I was just curiious about dosage as everyone's is different. My FS was the one who decided on the dosages. I believe it is a bit of trial and error though with first timers.

Have a nice day everyone

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlee - I think I was on 200 Gonal F so your numbers sound about right. I know there's a big variation depending on what your FS thinks will work best for you. I used to get my DH to do my injections because I was such a wuss (I once fainted having my ears pierced). One morning he went to work early and forgot to give me the injection so I had no choice but to do it myself. I found that sitting on the couch, leaning forward, grabbing as much belly as I could then slowly sliding it in worked perfectly for me. Once I'd injected myself, I never went back to letting my DH do it because it hurt much less when I did it myself. If you put it in and it stings then just move your positioning slightly and it'll feel better. I know it's scary but you'll be just fine. It's amazing how strong you become when you keep focusing on the end result...your little bubba!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to klong For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stop the pill tonight and have a scan with my Hobart FS on Friday. If all is well I start Puregon next week. My Melbourne nurse got me to do a practice injection when I collected the drugs and I couldn't even feel it! I'm sure one I have to inject liquid I will feel it. But it was a relief thay the needle didn't hurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    I stop the pill tonight and have a scan with my Hobart FS on Friday. If all is well I start Puregon next week. My Melbourne nurse got me to do a practice injection when I collected the drugs and I couldn't even feel it! I'm sure one I have to inject liquid I will feel it. But it was a relief thay the needle didn't hurt.

It is amazing how different everyones schedules are. I took my last pill last night. I start Gonal on the 6th (Thursday) and then on the 9th I start Orgalutran. Ultrasound and bloods on the 14th and then hopefully the retreival will be on the 17/18/19th depending on what FS says on the 14th...

Bettie I practised on a plastic thingy and I broke my needle in half - It just snapped. Was a bit of a worry but apparently that will not happen on a person

My cycle is a Pill antagonist cycle.Hard to believe that this time next month it will all be over and we will be in two week wait....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Lets hope you graduate to PREGGERSWITHOUT A DOUBT Samfam!! And how are you doing Kathryn1986? Tigger I have everything crossed for you on Thursday!

LSF Woohoo for four embies! Fx the other two catch up!

AFM went and saw a Fertility Acupuncturist in hope of decreasing my stress levels and creating the "ideal" environment for our hopeful embies in July
    Its all been confirmed by bloods. I'm pregnant! 5years we've been trying and I just can't believe it's finally happened. HCG levels rising well so far

Never give up ladies, ever. Xoxo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kathryn1986 For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (03-06-2013),Kel13  (03-06-2013),MGC Bertie  (03-06-2013),Milly888  (04-06-2013),Orchids  (03-06-2013),T1gger  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well done Kathryn