Closed Thread
Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish us luck ladies, off to the Indian Visa office tomorrow for round 2.. MORE info sorted for them. Here is hoping we dont get turned away again.

Applying for a 12 month Med visa. As it stands it may be cheaper for me to stay in India if the first cycle doesnt work out and hubby can head back home.

But we NEED these visas. I rekon we will be fine!n

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Ironheart lets hope your stay is a short one!!
    littlesunflowers All I can say is ow!!
    Thanks Safam Im sure she meant well and didnt mean to upset me, I did try to hint that maybe I wasnt the best one to complain too but flattered she chose me to share her fear/frustration with.

Ok, is it just me or do the people you've told not seen to understand the enormity of our situations, my mum is the worst she seems to think we've rushed into the IVF decision and should just be doing it like rabbits and sticking my legs in the air afterwards!! Id much rather do this naturally than spend countless dollars and put my body and mental sanity through this but hey Mum no I didnt try EVERY trick in the book first.

Sorry been a bit of a ranter tonight, guess Its been building for a while!

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Littlesunflowers that sounds soooo painful I can't even think about it lol

Wishnhope - my sil still blames my "lack of variety" in what i eat on why we can't fall naturally and our ivf is for my husbands swimmer issues (lack of normal sized acrosomes and a low ish count) not my Lady bits. Oh and by lack of variety she means that I don't eat mushrooms!! They are her favorite food she says they are why she has her daughter, she loves them fried in butter, I'm fairly sure that anything that has been fried in butter is less good for you than anything!

I put it down to "people are dumb" it was so hard for us to be referred to ivf. Everyone looked at our age and said " well it's probably just your weight" the begging I had to do to get our tests is ridiculous

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to all the newbies, sorry you have to go through this crap too but glad you can join us!

No one will ever know the enormity of what we have to go through. When we were trying for #1, we chose not to tell anybody (which has its pros and cons in itself). Anyways after my second cycle I decided to tell my parents and I must say my family understood my situation because I was very descriptive in the way I explained it to them lol

People will say that they understand, but really they don't and I put it down to because they are not educated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girls, its frustrating,the people I need (thought) would be my biggest supporters are the ones being so "dumb" about it. Ally I had to LOL about the mushrooms! Ha, family; you cant pick 'em! I've serious just stopped talking to her about it she makes me angry every single time!!
    Oddity Good Luck with your Visa's!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (23-05-2013)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wishnhope I totally hear you. The people you expect to completely get your plight are the ones that tend to shock.

We have really close friends, like sisters, who have fallen pregnant twice on their 2nd iui each time. I thought maybe they would understand the process, and feel a little more for us that it hasn't been so straight fwd for us, but they are the "oh that's no good it'll happen" kind. Sometimes you just don't want to hear that cos at times it feels like it never will and that the emotional physical and financial toll is all too much.

My mum is starting to understand more. For us it's been a shock to me and a major guilt that I carry that things just haven't been straightforward. I have a 6 yr old dd conceived unplanned from a previous hetero relationship, and assumed this would be easy. For all we knew it was just the fact we didn't have the rest of the biological matter between us to make a baby. I certainly never thought we'd end up here.

I wish sometimes these processes weren't so private and people at large got a better insight into all we endure.

Well trying to cram in as much brekkie as I can before my fast begins. Procedure at 3pm... Eek!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (23-05-2013)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's true the ins and out of ivf are hard to understand. Even now everyone has different meds, down reg cycles, antagonistic cycles, Colorado protocol I seriously get so confused but feel mine was straight forward but even DH was totally confused about what needles when etc and he was in the same meeting with the nurse as me!

I'm dying waiting for my cycle to start again! I'm sad it's going to be a long wait to go again. If we didn't have our USA trip I wouldn't have to worry as much but I have to worry about planes in early pregnancy (I'm not awesome on planes in general) and we need to be in Aus for genetic testing at 10 weeks etc but at the same time I have that we need to start or it will never happen feeling.

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    (Warning baby metioning)

Ruby , lionheart
    hello and welcome and im on my first go of ivf like you but i have tried 3 iui unsuccessful

Oddity I hope you get your visa and in know how you feel about being on here and i feel guilty because i have 3 older kids all in there late teens and was happy with the 3 but then i meet my soulmate and he doesnt have any kids of his own and to see the hurt in his eyes when people are having babies just upsets me so bad we decided to try for a baby but 6 years of trying got nothing and then i found out that because of my hashimotos there was chance that is was stopping me getting pregnant or if i did get pregnant i miscarried early because my body was fighting with it so i would of thought i was just having af, but now i dont ovulation at all and my dh has a low sperm count but i would go through any thing just to see that twinkle in his eye when hopefully we get pregnant.

and where is comes to family my mum told me i was so stupid to try and give my dh a baby at my ages so i no family support here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies... If only getting UTD was as easy as changing the foods we eat! Mushrooms are delish but I highly doubt they hold some fertility superpower! Gotta love family right?

Sariele, what IVF clinic are you with? Have you changed FS's during your process or stuck with the same one?

Whilst out walking and catching to on everyone's news I walked passed a pregnant woman and wondered about her "journey" to become pregnant... I think the struggle is far more common than is spoken about - they say 1 in 6 couples have fertility issues but I wouldn't be surprised if those stats climb higher very soon. Even in my close circle of girlfriends there are 7 of us... 3 of us have PCOS, 2 going down the track of IVF and the other 3 aren't near TTC so who knows what issues they may have (hopefully none!)

AFM - AF due today... So patiently waiting before I start the pill for my 1st down reg cycle. Hopefully will start sniffing in a couple of weeks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, hoping to join here. I was in the May thread but had to cancel the cycle when it looked like my husband was going to lose his job. Luckily everything worked out and I started 300iu Puregon yesterday. Did the Puregon give anyone else bad headaches? I have had one since yesterday afternoon and it is just getting worse. Hopefully it is worth it. Good luck to everyone else.