Closed Thread
Page 25 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity Acres View Post
    Ahhh yes, the blessed nose pain of doom!
    Had them yesterday also, followed by feeling like crap and being an evil wench all day. Worse this morning. This whole starting on day 21 is not so great as I am a psycho moo normally just before my period starts.

Hubby has gone to ground, TEEN BEAN son is hiding in his room. Even the cats have abandoned me.

I think we will be heaps better in a week once our lil noses get used to it. Im going to get a bottle of saline nasal mist today to help keep the humidity up in the nose.

Keep me posted on how things are going xo
    I so know how you feel with starting spraying yesterday too but i have to say im more worried about the needles, i have had gonal f before while doing iui but it was a low dose of 60 something but the dose i will be on with ivf is much higher at 225 so a bit of difference and a bit scary or maybe im just worring to much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson74 View Post
    i have had gonal f before while doing iui but it was a low dose of 60 something but the dose i will be on with ivf is much higher at 225 so a bit of difference and a bit scary or maybe im just worring to much
    I'm going from 200-odd to 600 this cycle, so I am definitely a bit scared about that!
    Picking up my drugs this afternoon. Starting to get anxious about this make-or-break cycle..

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg 600 and im worried about only 225 but not sure what that will do or how my body will react but im hoping its enough to get a few follicles from it, and atm im just waiting for af to arrive now i started my spray and then i will pick up my drugs so hopefully starting on about the 30th of this month .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by safam View Post
    Ouch Oddity I hope you get your reward soon!
    Had my first bt for frozen cycle this morning. Everything will still be baseline but hoping that surge happens soon!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Safam will you be doing SET or DET? I read you already have twins so interested on what strategy you are taking this time?

I only have 1 emby left so there isnt an option, but if I do another stim cycle and get multiple emby's I would consider DET. Ideally I would like 2 more little ones so two at once wouldn't be an issue but would be a lot of work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    Safam will you be doing SET or DET? I read you already have twins so interested on what strategy you are taking this time?

I only have 1 emby left so there isnt an option, but if I do another stim cycle and get multiple emby's I would consider DET. Ideally I would like 2 more little ones so two at once wouldn't be an issue but would be a lot of work!
    We are doing DET this time. Since the boys were born we have had 3 single transfers which all failed. So we are stepping it up and will not be at all disappointed with another set of twins We will also consider ourselves hugely blessed with a singleton, of course!!!!
    Last edited by safam; 22-05-2013 at 19:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    I think lots of us have the fears over DETs and the simultaneous desire to do DETs. My clinic gives us paper work on the risks etc (from the SA birth records) and the risks are real. But we have decided to accept them.

I also know some girls who have had horrible loss stories with twins/premature birth because of the loss of a twin etc. But we have weighed up the risks and like Sariele I think with our crappy embies its a risk worth taking. I would think twice about it with two known normal embies though. And overall its only a 10% greater chance of success - from clinical preg rate of 50 to 55%. Of course that 10% is huge for any of us in IVF.
    Hi Sel, i'm a bit confused, but interested in understanding the statistics above about 10% greater success..can you pls explain? Do you have any info on the % of risks associated with DET as a lot of the clinic material talks about risks being for eg 6 times higher but to put it in perspective one really needs to know the actual % i would think? thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo AF arrived today and so I called the clinic! First ultrasound is next Friday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    I'm going from 200-odd to 600 this cycle, so I am definitely a bit scared about that!
    Picking up my drugs this afternoon. Starting to get anxious about this make-or-break cycle..
    Sariele I must have missed part of your story, I am sorry! Why is this cycle make-or-break? Hope you're ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by safam View Post
    Sariele I must have missed part of your story, I am sorry! Why is this cycle make-or-break? Hope you're ok
    Basically if my fert rate or emby growth rate doesn't improve this cycle, I'm giving up on my eggs and we'll start searching for an egg donor. So we'll be using donor eggs AND sperm, if that happens. I've never had more than 6 mature eggs, never had more than 2 fertilise, and never had an emby that's grown to blasty by Day 5; they have all lagged. So for some reason my eggs don't reflect my young age and good health. FS is putting me on a huge dose of Gonal-F this time to try and get as many eggs as possible to play with, and I'll also be taking Saizen. Been on DHEA and testosterone for three months today, so hopefully that might help too. Oh, and no problem, it's impossible to keep track of everyone and their stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey folks.

Im really sorry if I come off sounding casual or not overly chatty.

I feel really guilty even being here, like I dont belong. WAIT.. You have all made me feel so welcome. Its must be being a drama banana.

I am already blessed with 2 adult children and a grandy on the way. and had my tubes done by choice at 21. No one could have predicted Id end up this way not being able to have any more of my own, naturally.

So when I read of all your troubles I feel like an imposter of sorts and with all the medical lingo you use its hard to keep up also.

We are a little more disconnected from the entire process then most of you. We were determined to do Surrogacy in India, but that didnt turn out.. and trying to do IVF via email and phone is pretty much a blank experience.

So, just know I really respect every single one of you so much and am blessed to be sharing such an intimate part of your lives. I have left this forum in tears so many times after reading things that are posted. You are all so very very loving and brave.

I just know that you all will be blessed with buckets of baby dust

Yah, I dont write so well but you get the pint xoxo

POINT..POINT.. not pint * fp* lol