Closed Thread
Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Know exactly how you feel. Me and DH had to move back to my parents to save . We had all our savings for our building our dream home get used for IVF in January this year. So back to square one, however we were lucky to fall pregnant first go and now 19 weeks with a bub girl on the way. Hang in there it does suck, we've put our block of land up for sale now and hoping it sells ASAP as we are just going to buy a house to move into. Plus what we have saved is going on dr fees now and ultrasounds ect so we need to save stamp duty so will probably be living with the oldies a little longer which sux but hey if we didn't have them and had to pay $500 a week rent elsewhere we would be saving nothing. Don't give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Someone please slap me or send me a cup of cement. Sitting outside the hospital where I just dropped off my pre admission forms and can't stop crying! It wasn't supposed to be this hard! I feel so darn guilty that we could have had a deposit for our first home if my body had let this work even the first, second or third time, yet here we are with next to no savings now, no baby and moving in with my parents. It's not supposed to be this way!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-05-2013)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks ladies for the hugs and a little perspective. Hadn't yet cried about our disappointment on the weekend and so nervous about Thursday so after being at the hospital it all just came out. I know that we will get there and moving in with mum is a double edged sword in that we will actually be able to help her while she's going through chemo which is a positive. Sometimes it just seems all to much, but a cry and looking at the end goal always makes things better.

Ngaiz hugs for you and your friend x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You too, sorry about your mum.

All seriousness aside, stash her Zofran for when you need it for morning sickness those suckers are exsy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Veritas,

Some days just totally suck don't they...

Mine was cancelled due to scar tissues, I had a bowel perforation from the EPU. The doctor noticed my stomach was bloated, I tried to tell him I'm a just a fat girl lol. He then decided no he would not do it, and that was it.
    I then lost my **** bad, they got one of the counsellors to come down and settle things down..

Monash have quite a lieneint policy on OHSS, so they said it was canceled due to OHSS rather than, the bowel injury. The same thing happened again the next FET, so they did a freeze on all embys. But my FS is the medical director at Moansh so he might get away with more. But the end result was he flaty refused me anymore treatment, until I had a huge opearation to remove the adhesoions, my tubes and some cysts. It even put me in intensive care for 3 days...those were some very dark times.

My accounts paper work has also changed since last year, and it now advises cancelled FET costs $ 750 approximate, out of pocket after medicare rebate. OHSS cancelled is only around $ 150 put of pocket.

Thats so bloody unfair to charge again, GRRRRR. As if this process is not hard enough.

Lots and lots of hugs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys I thought I would jump onto this thread too. Tomorrow is four weeks since our 5 embies were sent for testing (PGD, CGH), so hoping I get a phonecall tomorrow to tell me how many embies are normal. It has been the longest wait ever!!!!

If all goes to plan we will be looking at an end of June transfer. We have moved back in with family aswell to try and save some money for our next cycle just in case this one doesn't work.

I Hope you are all doing well and June/July are our months

Thanks
    Reviews
    A very belated thank you to Sariele for the update on SET & DET - duh, it makes perfect sense!

Bedlover - yay for your FET, wishing the best of luck

Veritas - sending you a billion and one hugs...

Francesthecat - I'm at Monash Clayton too, with Gareth Weston! I'm happy they bulk bill the FET after a cancelled cycle - it's practically free - lol. Looking forward to my freebie FET in early July...

Do you reckon they're lenient!? My FS reckons the Dr who cancelled at ET was more precious than he would have been - haha!

Trying2staypostive - thanks for the advice re AF after OHSS. I'm hoping and praying I get it on time (hope yours arrives soon too)!

WishnHope - yay for you! glad all is going well..

Clucky - I remember you from first time round. Nice to see you are up the duff!! How you feeling!?

Kel - hope the phone call tomorrow is GREAT news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was due for AF to arrive yesterday..... Waiting, waiting, waiting ........hurry up lovey I want to give the clinic a call! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas, it sucks that not only do we go through the emotional roller coaster of trying to fall pregnant but we have to get slapped with financial stress as well
    It's ok to have a good cry, I remember when I was trying for my first baby I had done 3 full stim cycles in a row with only a month between each, I was so emotionally wrecked that I said if it didn't work third time round I was giving up (mainly because that was my last chance anyway). Also by that point in one year we had paid out of pocket approximately $20,000 which sucked all my savings dry and we had to use the credit card at one point so that we could pay it off slowly.

Wishing you all the baby dust in the world I'm hoping it works for you (and the rest of us) Take it easy!

SarahTTC - thanks so much, good luck to you too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh yes, the blessed nose pain of doom!
    Had them yesterday also, followed by feeling like crap and being an evil wench all day. Worse this morning. This whole starting on day 21 is not so great as I am a psycho moo normally just before my period starts.

Hubby has gone to ground, TEEN BEAN son is hiding in his room. Even the cats have abandoned me.

I think we will be heaps better in a week once our lil noses get used to it. Im going to get a bottle of saline nasal mist today to help keep the humidity up in the nose.

Keep me posted on how things are going xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ouch Oddity I hope you get your reward soon!
    Had my first bt for frozen cycle this morning. Everything will still be baseline but hoping that surge happens soon!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app