Closed Thread
Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post
    I like this idea. I like the phrasing, too. This is what the consent form ought to say. "I'd like to whack in two!"
    Lol, well for many of us there is absolutely no romance or mystique regarding this process anymore, so it's honestly how I feel; "Just bung 'em in, Doc."

I'm finding that the longer we spend TTC the more time there is to wonder if we can really cope with a baby (despite the fact that I've always wanted kids and never wondered that before). I'm concerned about the health risks with twins, but also if we could really cope with two babies. I think I'll ask FS for more info...I was so surprised at the time that I forgot to do that.
    I worry about health risks with two as well, but I honestly don't feel it's possible for both to implant with my dodgy eggs/embies. If it did happen, it would have to be fate, regardless of the health risks we may face! I often wonder the same about how we would cope with a baby. It's all I've wanted for 14 years now, but sometimes I think, "Wow, do I really want to change my life like that?? What if after all this money and heartbreak, I hate being a mum??" I think it's normal, especially when you're doing IVF, cause we have so much longer to dwell/imagine/worry on things than people who are just bonking away every month.
    Quote Originally Posted by saraTTC View Post
    Question ladies, and excuse my ignorance... What is a SET and DET!? I know FET but not the others!!
    SET & DET - single embryo transfer and double embryo transfer.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

littlesunflowers  (21-05-2013),saraTTC  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Welcome to all the newbies (even though I'm one myself lol) ad thanks everyone for your welcome.

It is sad to see so many people having to go down than road, but hopefully that just means we get more support from eachother.

AFM - I'm still waiting for AF and am getting a little impatient! She better not turn up late like last cycle. Technically I should be due tomorrow. But we shall see! Lol

I'm so bored at work I need a holiday......hoping you ladies are doing ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SaraTTC - I had mild OHSS and I think from memory my cycle was regular, it's so annoying waiting for something to happen lol I hate limbo land!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trying2StayPositive For This Useful Post:

saraTTC  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! I hope to join you all, after a recent bfn on my first IVF cycle. We're starting cycle #2 mid June, and putting cycle #1 down to a learning experience. We learned loads, so bring on cycle 2!

Bedlover - sorry to hear about your loss

Best wishes for all June/July IVF/ICSI attempts x

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Lol, well for many of us there is absolutely no romance or mystique regarding this process anymore, so it's honestly how I feel; "Just bung 'em in, Doc."

I worry about health risks with two as well, but I honestly don't feel it's possible for both to implant with my dodgy eggs/embies. If it did happen, it would have to be fate, regardless of the health risks we may face! I often wonder the same about how we would cope with a baby. It's all I've wanted for 14 years now, but sometimes I think, "Wow, do I really want to change my life like that?? What if after all this money and heartbreak, I hate being a mum??" I think it's normal, especially when you're doing IVF, cause we have so much longer to dwell/imagine/worry on things than people who are just bonking away every month.

I have similar thoughts too. I often wonder on how on earth I could cope with a baby these days but then I think, well, I've coped with ivf & everything that's brought with it! And as I'm now 40 I can't stop thinking that if I'm lucky & my next cycle works then I will be 50/51 by the time my child is 10 As for DET & the prospect of twins... it's the health risks that are worrying me. I've got ongoing health issues already & worry a lot about carrying twins & my body not being up to the task. According to FS our frozen embryos are all really good quality too ... but I worry if I just go SET & get a BFN that I'll blame myself for not putting two back!!! So much worry!!! I asked my DH if there was anything he thought I should do differently this cycle & he said 'Don't worry so much!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly888 View Post
    Hello! I hope to join you all, after a recent bfn on my first IVF cycle. We're starting cycle #2 mid June, and putting cycle #1 down to a learning experience. We learned loads, so bring on cycle 2!
    Hi Milly, yep, the first cycle is always a science experiment, one that some people are lucky enough to have success with. Will you be doing ICSI this time to increase your fertilisation?
    Quote Originally Posted by maybebaby77 View Post
    I asked my DH if there was anything he thought I should do differently this cycle & he said 'Don't worry so much!'
    *snort* Yeah, easy for them to say! My DH is always on at me about how I should be "staying positive"... he's convinced that IVF won't work unless I'm Little Miss Perky-Pollyanna about everything, even if we get terrible fertilisation again. I keep trying to tell him it's not that fricking easy to be positive when everything is going against us, and that when you add stupid hormones to the mix it makes it damn near impossible. But he doesn't care. He said that every morning in my next cycle he wants me to wake up and spend five minutes saying to myself, "Everything's great, and this WILL work". But I've never been one for self-fortifying mantras, in fact I would feel like a complete tool doing that, but I might pretend for him so he gets off my back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele I agree about Twins if it happens its fate, we're all going through this for a reason and if its to have twins so be it. Although DH disagrees - in his words if we get twins he'll kill himself. I think of it as we only have to do this once
    Trying2staypos hope AF arrives soon, she is truly evil sometimes!!
    Milly88. Sorry you have to join us here, butIm glad you have a positive outlook, I hope I can be as positive after our first failed cycle.

AFM I have no idea if I have ovulated BT seemed to show I wasnt far off but my BBT is showing really low temps with no spikes what so ever. If I dont o soon our appt with FS will be useless!! Stupid body work out your sh1t!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    (bubs mentioned...not trying to upset anyone, sorry if it does)

Maybebaby77 'dont worry so much' is a good mantra. Ive never been able to do that though! My DH says it all the time too, he's the non stress, non control freak part of the partnership lol

Welcome saraTTC and Milly888!
    Milly lots of us have had 'diagnostic' first cycles. It sucks with all the emotions involved, but as long as there is learning and hope, we keep marching forward! (Can I ask what happened with the fert rate?)

I think lots of us have the fears over DETs and the simultaneous desire to do DETs. My clinic gives us paper work on the risks etc (from the SA birth records) and the risks are real. But we have decided to accept them.
    I had a loss of twins and those twins were from one embie splitting (two were implanted, one took and split, the other didnt take), and you cant really account for that. Spilt embies can happen and FS and I had a chat about this the other day and he said that tends to happen in younger women with really good embies, so another one for the mix to think about. Its rare (about 1 in 50 in IVF apparently). (Young and good embies doesnt apply to me lol, we were just unlucky). Im wary of this happening again because twins with shared placentas have very high risk of miscarriage. I also know some girls who have had horrible loss stories with twins/premature birth because of the loss of a twin etc. But we have weighed up the risks and like Sariele I think with our crappy embies its a risk worth taking. I would think twice about it with two known normal embies though. And overall its only a 10% greater chance of success - from clinical preg rate of 50 to 55%. Of course that 10% is huge for any of us in IVF. Safam might have some thoughts here. She has ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS twin IVF bubbas...I know Ive cuddled one of them and admired the other one lol (Happy birthday to the boys for this week Safam)

I wonder lots of the time if all of this is worth it and indeed if I will have the energy to raise a baby after so many cycles etc.

Oh well we keep pushing forward.

Cant believe how many of us there are on here! Excellent and not excellent you know what I mean.
    Where are you all from and which clinics are you with? If you dont mind sharing. Im just being nosey! Im in Adelaide with repromed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - oh no, your DH sounds just like mine! They do mean well but as you say they don't understand what it's like to be pumped full of hormones... yet again! I love your plan to pretend tho - hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    selm22 - thanks for those stats & for sharing your own experience There are so many variables & at the end of the day we can't know what will happen & can just go with what we think is best & try to have no regrets. Oh, by the way, I'm from Perth & with Fertility North.