Closed Thread
Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaglj View Post
    Hi safam, thanks for your reply. I am having a natural cycle. My infertility was caused by a few issues - I had endometriosis and my tubes removed.
    I'm sorry to hear that! Sounds difficult! I've had a few natural cycle transfers now, and in my opinion they are so much better than stims - no needles! There used to be statistics showing that FET was slightly less successful than fresh, but it is honestly so much easier on your body. The only success I've had has been from a FET cycle. Now that there are new freezing techniques, FET is on par with fresh as far as success rates, however that doesn't apply to those of us who have embryos frozen prior to the change.
    So, a natural FET cycle goes as follows: You call your clinic on Day 1 to let them know you've started your cycle. They will tell you which day to come in for a blood test. It's usually around day 9 but can vary according to your cycle length. Then you'll have blood tests either every day or every second day, looking for your hormone surge which indicates you've ovulated naturally. As soon as they get the level they want, they stop testing your blood and give you a date for transfer. If you have embryos frozen at day 3, it will be 3 days after you ovulate, or 5 if that's when they were frozen. You show up for your transfer (praying like mad something has survived the thaw!), they pop it in, and that's it. You don't do anything more until your pregnancy blood test. Unless you cheat and POAS first, which I did, hahahaha!
    Obviously every woman is different, you may end up on some hormone support or may be changed to a medicated cycle, where your ovulation is triggered with needles, but if you are going with a totally natural cycle then that's all there is to it. Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Looks like AF is on it's way. Should be starting the pill on day 2. I have to take it for 3 weeks before I can start injecting but might push it out a couple more or leave it until next month for financial reasons. I hate being the hormonal heifer the pill turns me into. Was hoping for EPU early July but thinking it might be late July at this stage as we want to ensure we have enough money to freeze. DH and I have been so slack with our vitamins so need to get onto that ASAP.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 12-05-2013 at 15:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

I will be joining you too. Our 1st IVF cycle was cancelled after a estrogen drop on day 13/14 of stims... I was on a low dose of Gonal f (112.5iu) due to PCO so took extra days of stimming to have 1 follicle reach 17mm but then on that same day my estrogen levels dropped and then the following day dropped even more and 1 follicle was 21mm and the rest 11mm-14mm so think the lead was gobbling all the FSH!

Thought I would be starting another antagonist cycle in 2 weeks when AF arrives (I had the ovidrel trigger on thursday night) as our nurse guessed he would slightly up my dose but then our nurse spoke with our FS and he wants to do a 'down regulation' cycle this time around so I will be starting the pill when AF arrives then synarel and then back on Gonal F around the 16/6. I am still learning about a down regulation cycle and have booked an apt with our FS to learn more about it and why he chose this path for us this time around, especially as I will be back on 112.5... not sure why, would have thought a bit higher. So need to clarify this!

Anyone have any advice / experiences with down reg vs antagonist?

I was so upset on wednesday when i was told it might be cancelled but by friday when I learned it was going to be a longer cycle I was actually happy for the break for a few weeks. Emotional roller coaster!!

Reading through everyone's stories it really is inspirational to know you've all been through so much and here you are back trying... I am only at the beginning of my journey and already it's tough... so naive when starting IVF but now just taking each day as it comes and learning along the way that is for sure!

Lets hope this time next year we will be celebrated as Mothers or at least have one in the oven!! xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow there's lots happening on here.
    Hope everyone is having a good day today.
    I'm struggling. We got our first bfn on Mother's Day last year and at times I feel like it was the beginning of the end. Still don't feel closer to our goal. Hopefully the next cycle will be better

Take care all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Appy For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i was wondering if i can join this thread, I think im in the right spot.

I have had 3 failed iui and now starting on my first ivf treatment, at the moment I am on the pill and have to take it until the 24 of may and just before that i have to have a nose spray on the 21 of may and I have a scan on the 29 of may to make sure everything is going to plan and if it is I should start my gonal f needles on the 30 of june and hi to everyone else on this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I had to go back quite a few pages and write some notes! Good work team June-July!

Eskimo81, Jagli, jb2011, bedlover and Crimson74 - welcome! I hope its a short ride from here!

samlow - the chick who started this thread - sariele, is on DHEA currently, she might be able to help!

Maybebaby77 - hows the wisdom teeth recovery going? x

Orchids - Hi! Sorry Ive never done TCM. I have done accupuncture though and I love it. Nice and relaxing. My accupunturist, Luke, was trained in China and worked there for a while and he's not a fan of much of the TCM in Australia, cause he's wary of the quality of herbs, etc. But it could well be worth a go if you can find a good therapist!

Ally - I was thinking of you yesterday too hun. xx And I hope your cycle sets itself back into pattern soon x

Jagli - 6 years isnt too long. Legislation allows embryos to be stored up til 10 years. Of course you can never guarantee things and freezing techniques have improved markedly as Safam says in her post about FETs. Check this inspirational story out from late last year for this couple treated by the same clinic as me here in Adelaide - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226463092452
    Amazing huh!

Hi bedlover (great name btw!). Im sorry about your loss too hun. Welcome, wish you werent here with us though. Can I ask how old you are?
    Its always a line ball decision about stimming again with an embie in the freezer. Sounds like you produce good ones though
    My clinic make you wait two full cycle after the bleeding from a loss stops (sorry TMI).

Ngaiz - allo! Good luck hun. Ive not been on the crazy pill (is it Levlen you are on?). But I have a couple of friends who have been and they HATE IT! Lots of tears and irrational stuff, but its only for a short time. Keep telling yourself that!! I know that probably wont work but its a thought
    Did you take the job?

jb2011 - Zakmick has some experience in antag vs long down reg. I havent done anything but anatag. Sorry. Im assuming your FS is trying to get things right with supressing your ovaries and LH etc.
    One day at a time is the only way chick!

Appy - I dont like mothers day much these days either
    This time last year was the start of our 4th cycle and our only successful one - that ended in a loss of genetically normal identical twin girls - very early on It bites hard. I cant imagine your pain at 16 weeks. Hugs to you and Ally at this time.
    We had a weekend at the Hilton to get away from things - distraction is a good plan if you can hun. We have to keep believing our time for a take home bub will come. x

Hi Crimson74 - welcome. The girls here have lots of wisdom. Goodluck.

Sariele, TJ, Zak, littlesunflowers, mcg bertie and Safam
    xxxxxx - one each lol

I know I havent got everyone, we are a big group! that makes me very happy, so much support. Now for the

AFM: waiting, waiting, waiting. BT on friday to check for Ov. That will be CD 28...grrrrrrrrrr!

Sariele, TJ, Zak, littlesunflowers, mcg bertie and Safam xxxxxx - one each lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

jude15  (15-05-2013),Orchids  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sel, yeah I'll be on Levlen. It doesn't make me crazy just the hormones wreck havoc on my body, bloating, skin etc. I don't know if I've got the job but I bit the bullet and put forward my expression of interest. I'm very apprehensive but on a positive note the Assistant Director came and thanked me or it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (14-05-2013)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    I have an appointment with the FS on 20 May and will find out when I can cycle next and if I will be joining you in June / July.
    Oh no bedlover I am so sorry to see you back here!

Seems we have a few in this thread who have had it unnecessarily hard - Ally I've only just read some of the thread about your experience and it was just heartbreaking. You must be so strong to be gearing up to IVF again so soon.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (13-05-2013),SelM22  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bedlover... very very sorry to hear about your loss. That's just so terrible, to finally have a baby go so far and then to lose it. I just can't imagine what you're going through. This is just so hard, keep cycling and never get a BFP, but the thought of getting a BFP and then it not working - just dreadful. xxxx

SelM... thanks for thinking of me. I'm trying to be patient, waiting out my time for cycle #5. It's still two weeks off before our appointment to see the FS, so I've been trying to keep busy and not lose my head over babies. But today I came home from work, so sad about not having a baby, so thought I'd get back on Bubhub, where all the other people with no babies are, and if nothing else, reality check puts things back into perspective, so feeling a tad better now. Otherwise nothing new to report :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC-that's exactly what I did yesterday!! Facebook had me in tears ;( This time last year I was in my first tww and DH spoiled the hell out of me. Never thought it would be so hard for so many couples, how naive of me.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-05-2013)