Closed Thread
Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Similar to a few of you on here and although I’ve been lurking on the site for a while I thought it was time to sign up and start posting. First up I wanted to thank everyone for their posts, it’s nice to know you’re not alone and that the way I feel sometimes is totally normal!

We just completed my first stimulated cycle, however given I apparently function 'very well' I copped OHSS even before egg collection (had 28 follicles). Luckily we made it to that stage but had to cancel the transfer due to me being very ill. At the time it felt like an easy decision as I didn’t want to risk my health further, but I think the disappointment of it all is hitting home now, especially as AF arrived yesterday just to remind me of the failure.

I had taken 4 weeks off work for this and was hoping to go back at least knowing if the first cycle had worked, but life is unfortunately still in a holding pattern for us. I know I should be grateful for the embryo’s, but I can’t help feeling its quantity and not quality. We will be trying a frozen transfer in June, at least there will be no needles this time.

Sorry, having a bad day today. Topped off by my 20 y/o step-brother having a baby born last week (my step-mum gushed at me about the ‘accident’ the exact same weekend we found out we couldn’t have children last year, so it brings back bad memories) and my best friend announcing she’s pregnant, she’s had troubles too, so I am genuinely happy for her.

p.s. Ngaiz – take the job! Even after what I said above, life goes on and you don’t want to miss out on a great opportunity.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome loolu!
    I'm sorry you are having a hard time at this current moment! I wish you nothing but luck with your FET and I hope you get that bfp.

Dealing with infertility is so hard. Even if the issues don't come from "your side" or the process. I hope that this four weeks isn't too hard in you (I know I hated the waiting- still hate it now!)

AFM- having a bad day it's been just over four weeks since I had Angus, and today is the one month anniversary. I can't believe it's been so long!

After hanging out at the hospital Wednesday and Thursday last week they gave me mexipristol? Not sure if I'm spelling that right lol and I passed the clot and I'm almost out of antibiotics but now I'm bleeding like really bleeding but only bad period not life threatening, so I'm giving it another day then hoping it settles down! I know by the scan I had last week that my ovaries aren't even thinking about making a follie so I really hope I ovulate and have a cycle soon so I can track my cycles to do a FET but it's looking less and less likely that I will have a normal cycle by July I really wanted to go again before my mat leave ran out so I didn't have to make arrangements with work for scans etc although I usually had 7:30am appointments last time but to get to the hospital at 7:30 I have to get up at like 5:30! Which I am not looking forward to during winter AGAIN this year I was so hoping Angus would be the end of our journey for a few years still he gave an amazing happy 30 weeks so
    Can't complain too much (even though I just did lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally, I am sending you some giant, huge, special and gentle hugs.

Hi and welcome Loolu. I am a newbie on the board as well.
    So here is some much needed hugs for you too.

And a few more thrown out there for anyone who needs them.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oddity Acres For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (06-05-2013),safam  (06-05-2013),SelM22  (06-05-2013),Wishnhope  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Ally. Can I ask, did you take the tablet Misoprostil or get the injection Methotrexate (usually given for ectopics)? What you've written down (which Im aware you're not sure of spelling) sounds like a mix of both. I only ask because if it's the injection you can't ttc for a few months.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Hugs Ally. Can I ask, did you take the tablet Misoprostil or get the injection Methotrexate (usually given for ectopics)? What you've written down (which Im aware you're not sure of spelling) sounds like a mix of both. I only ask because if it's the injection you can't ttc for a few months.
    Is was the misoprostil tablets 4 in my hoohaaa clearly I don't remember stuff too good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, you're are charmer. Online forums-the only place you can talk about your hoohaa without feeling judged. I was talking to DH the other day and called mine my kiki! Hope your feeling better soon Hun. No one expects you to be ok about everything, you're gonna have bad days. You can complain anytime.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngaiz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Isnt it funny the names we give our parts and procedures! DH and I use "hoohaa" regularly and most recently the "ca-ching" has come into play (the lovely instrument that they use in pap smears and HSG etc.)

Ally you're allowed to complain, we all are. You've had a rough run and have plenty of bad days, slowly the good will out weigh the bad.

Ngaiz, definately take the job, I remember any negatives to taking it so DO IT!

Welcome Loolu and any other newbies! Here's hoping your journeys are sort!

AFM Im soooooo over waiting!!!! Day 10 of my assessment cycle and it feels like our next appt on the 28th is forever away!! Praying that our FS will say we can start IVF/ICSI that next cycle as I have a holiday booked around the time of the EPU for the cycle after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Isnt it funny the names we give our parts and procedures! DH and I use "hoohaa" regularly and most recently the "ca-ching" has come into play (the lovely instrument that they use in pap smears and HSG etc.)

AFM Im soooooo over waiting!!!! Day 10 of my assessment cycle and it feels like our next appt on the 28th is forever away!! Praying that our FS will say we can start IVF/ICSI that next cycle as I have a holiday booked around the time of the EPU for the cycle after.
    It's funny how sometimes the real names or the instruments that use seem so dirty so I appreciate that you've given it a nickname lol

The waiting is so bad and hoping appointments line up with cycles etc is soo frustrating! I hope it all falls nicely into please so you can have your holiday!!

I hate cycles where you know there will be no baby at the end!! Right now I'm waiting for my cycles to Return then I need two in a row the same length so we can guesstimate ovulation for the FET! Feels like it's never going to happen! Especially since I can't cycle September and then depending on how my cycle falls around my USA trip it may not be October either and I wanted to go in July!!!

IVF is a journey of waiting alright!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymumtobe View Post

The waiting is so bad and hoping appointments line up with cycles etc is soo frustrating! I hope it all falls nicely into please so you can have your holiday!!

I hate cycles where you know there will be no baby at the end!! Right now I'm waiting for my cycles to Return then I need two in a row the same length so we can guesstimate ovulation for the FET! Feels like it's never going to happen! Especially since I can't cycle September and then depending on how my cycle falls around my USA trip it may not be October either and I wanted to go in July!!!

IVF is a journey of waiting alright!
    They sure know how to torture us don't they!! Most of us have been waiting years but we'll wait a few more months for Clinics to get themselves organised!