+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does he prefer to have his face sleeping on the side? DS2 was quite a sweaty baby and always slept with his head one way and developed quite a heat rash (very similar to this) on that side.

It seemed to come up more when he was feeding? Maybe because he was working up a sweat! I didn't use anything but a cool face washer, it seemed to go away after 12ish weeks.

I'd still raise it with the GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    Pesca could you let us know what happens at your appointment on Monday? My bub has developed a rash which looks very much like your DS on her cheeks and chin. I took her to the dr and she said to try clonea(anti fungal) with bepanthen over it which I did with no improvement. I have to take her again now.

I'm sure it cannot be very comfortable for them
    Yes definitely will update

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    If he has an intolerance and that's what's causing it, wouldn't ebm make it worse? Not sure, just a thought.
    I was thinking the same thing! For an allergy I'd say definitely, but not so sure about intolerance (which DS1 had), as usually that's just a gut issue.

To the PP that asked - yes he favours that side sleeping & the rash appears worse when feeding. He just woke and I thought it was actually looking better....until he just started feeding and all of a sudden it's bright red instantly. Weird. He doesn't appear sweaty or hot either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post

To the PP that asked - yes he favours that side sleeping & the rash appears worse when feeding. He just woke and I thought it was actually looking better....until he just started feeding and all of a sudden it's bright red instantly. Weird. He doesn't appear sweaty or hot either.
    This happens to my DD too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: doctor thinks it is the milk rash and nothing to be worried about yet. Have another appointment on Friday for other issues, so will check it again.

He did say not to put anything on the skin at all (not even sorbolene which I was doing to the dry bits) as this can clog the pores and make it worse when inflamed. So thought I'd share that part in case anyone else has this issue too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Pesca. I had been putting Sorbolene on it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby is having the exact same thing happen! we've seen several different doctors/nurses/pharmacist/midwives and nobody seems to be able to help.
    We've been told heat rash and milia several times but if this is the case why does it flare up during feeds?!?! (Bub drinks room temp)
    after trying several different formulas including ha today we've started pepti jnr
    please keep me updated with how you go and if anything helps xx