+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Looks like what my ds2 had that young, it turned out to be eczema.
    I was thinking the same thing. DS eczema started out looking like this. Hope he's feeling better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    to me it looks like eczema. my dd had it in exact same spot. does he scratch at it?
    it also look like a hives rash...could he be allergic to any your your own moisturisers or perfumes? make up? do u add anything into his baths?
    your best bet is to get a doctor to check it out.
    dermeeze is very soothing for red hot skin in the mean time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

onkybear  (20-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I agree, it looks like eczema. DS2's skin was like that from a few weeks. I thought it was just milk pimples at first but nope, turned out to be eczema.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eczema is what I was concerned about. The skin on his ears is now very flaky/dry rather than pimples, but I have no previous experience with this.

Eczema is apparently a symptom of dairy allergy/intolerance, which is what we are going to be tested for (hence doctors appt Monday). Plenty of breast milk has been applied - due to his excessive vomiting all day and night so that hasn't helped sadly.

DS2 is not a happy camper at the moment, the poor love...I can't put him down for a second today, he's barely slept.

I only use organic/natural products in his bath and haven't been using perfume or body creams (apart from sorbolene) while b/f. Strangely it's mainly one side though too?? Hhhmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Eczema is apparently a symptom of dairy allergy/intolerance
    Oh wow, i never knew that. Although it explains a lot as DS2 has never really been able to tolerate dairy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post

I only use organic/natural products in his bath and haven't been using perfume or body creams (apart from sorbolene) while b/f. Strangely it's mainly one side though too?? Hhhmm.
    Don't put anything in his bath water, just plain water. Once I stopped putting products in DD1's bath as a baby her skin was much better. When it got dry we used QV oil from the chemist, bi-carb soda in the bath water also helped when it got red and inflamed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpottySocks For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (20-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD's baby acne looked very similar and she had flaky, dry ears too. It took a few weeks but cleared on its own. Oh, and it got redder when she was hot too. But can't hurt to have the GP look at it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (20-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eczema is what I was concerned about. The skin on his ears is now very flaky/dry rather than pimples, but I have no previous experience with this.

Eczema is apparently a symptom of dairy allergy/intolerance, which is what we are going to be tested for (hence doctors appt Monday). Plenty of breast milk has been applied - due to his excessive vomiting all day and night so that hasn't helped sadly.

DS2 is not a happy camper at the moment, the poor love...I can't put him down for a second today, he's barely slept.

Pesca could you let us know what happens at your appointment on Monday? My bub has developed a rash which looks very much like your DS on her cheeks and chin. I took her to the dr and she said to try clonea(anti fungal) with bepanthen over it which I did with no improvement. I have to take her again now.

I'm sure it cannot be very comfortable for them

Thanks
    Reviews

QV bath oil and dermeze ointment, I highly recommend those.
    Ds had a few bouts of it then didn't have eczema at all for a year, he has only just got it again now on the one spot on the side of his head.

Funny that you mention allergies, I never knew that! But I am thinking he has an intolerance to cows milk so I now wonder if there's a link. I will talk about it to the dietitian on our next visit next month.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (20-04-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If he has an intolerance and that's what's causing it, wouldn't ebm make it worse? Not sure, just a thought.