+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Most of my food I try and buy Australian even if it costs more. I support local first (shopping at the local farmers market) then whatever I can't buy there I will try and get Australian owned. It seems to be more difficult with some products these days though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well considering we lost our family business ( we have a guava farm) due to imported fruit being cheaper I make sure everything I buy is Australian we have missed out on so much and I simply think it is wrong our Australian farming industry is going to go under in the coming years if people don't start putting an end to being able to import unless there is a full on shortage in Australia. And you don't even see the savings the juice that our guavas used to make is still the same price at the supermarket we didn't ask for a pay rise or anything like that in fact if I dropped our pay a little bit we would of still been happy so these company's are making a killing on our expense.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (20-04-2013),waterlily  (20-04-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm sorry your family lost the business. It's a real worry that it just keeps happening, but more and more is allowed to be imported.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    Well considering we lost our family business ( we have a guava farm) due to imported fruit being cheaper I make sure everything I buy is Australian we have missed out on so much and I simply think it is wrong our Australian farming industry is going to go under in the coming years if people don't start putting an end to being able to import unless there is a full on shortage in Australia. And you don't even see the savings the juice that our guavas used to make is still the same price at the supermarket we didn't ask for a pay rise or anything like that in fact if I dropped our pay a little bit we would of still been happy so these company's are making a killing on our expense.
    This makes me sad. sorry to hear you lost businesses

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Fresh produce, always Australian. Other stuff it really depends on quality, price, practicality and probably a few other factors. Tinned tomatoes I will only buy Italian, as Australian ones always have added salt and sometimes other ingredients. Clothes I will freely admit to buying Kmart for my kids. Well, DD I haven't bought anything because she has so many hand me downs, but DS grows quickly and churns through clothes, I can't afford to spend money on quality things. He ruins them just as fast as the cheap stuff. I used to buy him everything from Op Shops, but as he's got older there's not nearly as much available in his size.
    For me, I buy whatever is prettiest I do wear a lot of vintage and adore many local designers, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Seafood, meat, fruit and veg always Australian - I do splurge on French cheese and champagne and the tin tomatoes I buy are Italian as I've found them to be the best tasting - clothes to be honest I don't really like much of the Australian stuff , most of DS stuff is American and I have a lot of French and Italian handbags and shoes , again as I like them better than the Australian ones I've found

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seafood definitely only australian. Clothes I never took notice of tbh. For other groceries I do read labels to look at difference in ingredients and if it's not that much more ill buy australian. Fruit n veg definitely only Australian. It irks me to buy fruit n veg thats been imported

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another reason I don't go to Coles and woolies for fresh food is have you noticed their fresh garlic is always from Mexico, Argentina or china? Why I have no idea? My local fruit shop gets theirs from NSW and it's pretty much the same price!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Oh my goodness you might live near me!! Both have a son named Lincoln, both live near SPC... spooky!!
    Oooooooohhhhh that is spooky!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Oooooooohhhhh that is spooky!
    ...both due in Aug...