+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LMM, I feel a bit awkward responding because my experience is a little different from the majority of posters here. I have posted about this before though...but...

My baby was feeding every couple of hours throughout the day and woke up every hour or so after midnight to feed.

So, we went off to "sleep school" when he was 4 months (corrected). (I was so absolutely desperate for some help and hope that things could be better but I was sceptical about how helpful it could be and I was worried because I had this belief that babies are these all-knowing little organisms who know exactly what they need.and my job was simply to respond to that need...so, if he needed to be awake to feed them so be it...he knows what gee needs, right?)

His night sleeping improved that week, waking up only once or twice. His day sleeps took a little longer but he now sleeps at least 2x1 hour sleeps per day.

In anycase, one of the things I had to do to help his sleeping patterns was to stretch his 2 hourly feeds out to 3 hours during the day and at least 4 hours overnight.

I was dreading this because I was worried that I would end up with both a hungry and a tired baby....but as it turned out it wasn't a problem at all.

I think had misinterpreted his over-tiredness for hunger anyway.

I realise that each baby is different and that your experience might be very different from mine but when I was pregnant I remember thinking I can remember that my approach would be very responsive and baby driven....I just needed to follow the cues...right?

This did not work for me and my baby, although I am sure it does for others.

I have now realised that my 9 month old doesn't always know what he needs, he needs my guidance, which is scary because my maternal instincts weren't supplying me with any concrete answers....only more possibilities and questions.

I was also confused and unsure because I was incredibly sleep deprived.
    Last edited by Albert01; 22-04-2013 at 16:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doh! Replying from work so I will have to fix my previous post later...but, my supply did not drop off...my Ds was taking the same quantity overall...just larger amounts over 3 hours instead of smaller amounts over 2 hours.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I really think your bub has hit the 4mth sleep regression. I've been there twice!

Most babies do grow out of it in 3-6wks.
    this behaviour started when he hit 3mths old??? and its still ongoing.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    Yea. Google it if you have a chance. Some outgrow it really quickly but others take longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It started at 13/14 weeks with DD. Went on for months but I think that was mostly because I was too exhausted to try and do anything about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    It started at 13/14 weeks with DD. Went on for months but I think that was mostly because I was too exhausted to try and do anything about it!
    Same here. We signed up for sleep school but by the time they finally called us, his sleep started to improve.

I feel for you OP, it's really, really tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sleep regression it is then.

i am on my own for the next couple nights. DH is away for work. i put ds to bed at 7 like normal and.... like normal, he took untill 9.30 to stay asleep. I just kept feeding him back to sleep because it was easier. I think i went in 5 times to get him back to sleep. Beyond a joke atm. He barely feeds so i know he's not at all hungry, just wants the comfort of it, i guess. Well, at least tonight is an improvement on last nights antics. My DD loves her sleep and is so easy to put to bed. I'll just look at it that way, it makes me feel better

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sleep regression it is then.

i am on my own for the next couple nights. DH is away for work. i put ds to bed at 7 like normal and.... like normal, he took untill 9.30 to stay asleep. I just kept feeding him back to sleep because it was easier. I think i went in 5 times to get him back to sleep. Beyond a joke atm. He barely feeds so i know he's not at all hungry, just wants the comfort of it, i guess. Well, at least tonight is an improvement on last nights antics. My DD loves her sleep and is so easy to put to bed. I'll just look at it that way, it makes me feel better
    I'm glad at least your DD is going easy on you.

My heart truly goes out to you. Unsettled bub who doesn't sleep is really tough but to manage that on your own is just so so hard. You do whatever you need to in order to get through it. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks giggle. DD went thru what ds is going thru right now at the same age but heaps worse, we had feeding issues on top of sleep issues then came allergies along with severe eczema. It was a nightmare for ages with her. I dont know what happened but once she hit 12 mths, she became the most easiest bub with regards to sleep. Had to have a very structured routine though, she basically walks off to her room after lunch for a sleep. It's heaven. This just gives me hope we will get there with ds. Im just bummed we have to go thru it all again! oh well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully your DS will move past this stage sooner than your DD did! 😉

13. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (23-04-2013)