+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question 18kg+ car booster seat with 5 point harness

Hi Folks, my 2 year old is a big boy! he has always been big, was born huge, off the charts as a newborn and now I'm having a problem with carseats
    he is 18kgs now and the straps on his birth-4yrs car seat JUST fit him. Sometimes with bulky clothes on i have to push a little hard to get straps on.

So he needs the next seat up.... but he is only 2 years and 3 months and i don't feel he can go into a booster seat with just a lap belt. I feel he needs a 5 point harness. He will easily get out of just a lap belt! From what i can tell (researching and looking in shops) they don't have them for children over 18kgs! surely this cant be true!

Yes my baby is huge but he isn't THAT big! i have seen bigger children!
    i saw a few booster seats with 5 point harness, but its not recommended for for children over 18kgs.
    I'm starting to get a little worried. Also a single mum and price is an important factor! but if need be i can save up for awhile... maybe in few months.

Does anyone know of any particular car seat or brand that makes 5 point harness booster seat for 18kgs+ ???

thanks for the help

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have our daughter in a infa secure comfi cruiser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bumping for you as I am interested in this as well. My 2 year old isn't quite as big as yours but is now too big for his 0-4 seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaandshaun View Post
    We have our daughter in a infa secure comfi cruiser.
    We have the same for our 18kg newly 2yo and 24kg newly 3yo.

Both have almost outgrown them though (height wise), so subscribing for my personal interest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just bought one for DS the other day. I'll let you know what it is when I get to the car. DS is a very tall boy so his other seat became dangerous for him. The seat he's in now is for 1-8 year olds. We use the harness on him now and then later you just use the seatbelt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the infa secure booster seat too and my 8 yr old still fits in it nicely. The top half removes to convert it to a booster seat too. I got mine from toys r us , another thing you could try is take your son to the shops and try him in the seats to see which one fits.