Reviews

Default do you have differences like this

do you have differences like this

one loves the heat really high
    the other loves the windows open

one loves noise blaring from everywhere really loud
    the other really needs quiet

how do you work around this

someone suggested to get wireless headphones re tv if one regularly wants noise and one regularly wants quiet.

some can have rooms that have doors to close

What do you do .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH and I are pretty similar, so I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions as to how to deal with that ( besides spending time apart - jokes!)....the wireless headphones sound like a good idea, but pricey.

good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a single doona on my side of the bed. He has to deal with the fact that I have the heater on in winter, he can wear shorts and t-shirt. I have to endure football constantly, he has to endure my hideous piano playing! It's all just give and take.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    DH usually lets me go with whatever I prefer...I'm really not sure what he likes (when it comes to windows open etc)...he does like to have the TV up louder than I do. I usually turn it down if its annoying me!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is how it works in our house. I have my bedroom with my own bed and bedding, my own tv and my own air conditioning and my hubby has his own bedroom with all the same and he has a giant tv he watches in the living room

No fights over what to watch, waking each other up in bed or one being hot whilst the other is cold. I know it's not the norm but it works for us

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3cats1pug For This Useful Post:

babycake  (03-05-2013),LoCo  (06-05-2013),oozzle  (03-05-2013),Stiflers Mom  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    This is how it works in our house. I have my bedroom with my own bed and bedding, my own tv and my own air conditioning and my hubby has his own bedroom with all the same and he has a giant tv he watches in the living room

No fights over what to watch, waking each other up in bed or one being hot whilst the other is cold. I know it's not the norm but it works for us
    Jealous! If we ever have enough rooms we will be doing this. I would loooove y own bedroom. I really don't love sharing a bed every night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DF and I have differences but we compromise. That's life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we do have differences exactly like this! He works 6 days a week so its usually only one day a week I have to deal with bad 70s rock music and /or talk back radio with ads......

Last summer I used to sit on the couch with my winter dressing gown on, whilst he had the air con blaring. I made him move the vents so at least it wasn't blowing icy air on the back of my neck!

I believe it's called The Art Of Compromise and is the backbone of a successful marriage
    or as Iike to call it The Art Of Grinning And Bearing It hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. It is really hard. My DP hates any kind of breeze, fan, aircon or open window. ANY month of the year. e.g 40 degree perth summer. It is torture. We have learnt to compromise. I have a small fan on me he just has to put up with it otherwise it is unbearable.

He likes the radio on to sleep. Talk back radio. I can't stand it because I half listen to it and then the diaglogue finds its way into my dreams. Before I know it I am having a full on dream sequence about Bob from Baldivis and the problem he is having with his tomatoes.

I sometimes think separate bedrooms would be heaven!!!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (03-05-2013),oozzle  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    [QUOTE=acerbaby;7223140 Before I know it I am having a full on dream sequence about Bob from Baldivis and the problem he is having with his tomatoes.

I sometimes think separate bedrooms would be heaven!!!!![/QUOTE]

Oh that is so funny! I'm the same with the radio..