View Poll Results: Do you feel at all 'better' than those who have different fathers for their children?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, totally

9 14.06%
  • A little

10 15.63%
  • No, not at all

45 70.31%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a friend who has 2 daughters - one blond with blue/grey eyes like the father and one with dark skin, hair and eyes (south sea islander desent) like the mum - it does grate on her that people assume they have different fathers but she can understand why people think that. More than anything though people just think that her blondie is someone elses child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I have a friend who has 2 daughters - one blond with blue/grey eyes like the father and one with dark skin, hair and eyes (south sea islander desent) like the mum - it does grate on her that people assume they have different fathers but she can understand why people think that. More than anything though people just think that her blondie is someone elses child.
    Ive been asked a lot lately if all 3 of mine have the same dad (2 kids + belly babe) I think because I am young and dont wear a wedding ring... but my kids look identical, blonde hair, blue eyes, same features, same smile etc. It usually just makes me have a bit of a giggle when people ask though.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I understand you.

I don't feel better than someone just because their kids may have different fathers. Hell someone with 2 different baby daddy could be someone I admire as they are a better person than me.

But when I see a woman, with 3 different baby daddy, who continually has a kid within a short time frame (under a year) and splits with them within a short time frame.... Then yep I do think Im better ... At making choices. I have a friend who has 3 kids to 3 different men and they are gorgeous kids and she's got a great DH now. But hell yeah she made some dumb decisions in her life regarding men.

So I suppose I *may* judge someone, but because of the choices they make rather than the fact their kids have different fathers. If I don't know why their kids have different fathers then I can't judge.
    Well said. I agree and I also understand what kelly8329 is saying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I am absolutely gobsmacked that someone would ask someone else if their children have the same father!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read any of the other replies London but no I do not feel better than mothers that have different fathers to their children because I have the same father to all 4 of my children.
    I do feel lucky though. Lucky that I feel in love when I was 16 to my lover and best friend and have gone onto marry and have a family with.
    I actually don't believe anybody is better than anyone because we are all just different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I am absolutely gobsmacked that someone would ask someone else if their children have the same father!
    Really? Have you never been asked? I get asked all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Crow View Post
    Really? Have you never been asked? I get asked all the time.
    Never in my life! Nor would I ever ask that question.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm. Well now i'm feeling very stereotyped again...

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know. My sisters friend had one child, then when he was 10 they had another, then another and people will refer to her husband as the father of the younger kids then go on to ask about the father of the eldest child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    The choice to get pregnant to someone in the moment over and over again.
    It's one thing to be with someone and make the wrong choice in falling pregnant (planned or not) , then to make that choice again and again.
    I think something is going on and they are making bad choices in which I feel I have made better choices.
    I do not feel I make better choices than someone who has been in 2-3 serious relationships (meaning 5 plus years) and had children with numerous long term partners.
    I did clearly state my opinion, I don't believe their is room for misinterpretation from my 1st comment.
    I totally agree with all you have said.

For me, dh and I were together for years before planning a family. We knew each other through and through. We had a happy, healthy relationship and marriage well before bringing someone else into our lives. I never for a moment expected my husband to change when we had kids and he didn't, why would he?? I knew dh was the man I wanted to be with and he would be a wonderful father to our children. Our marriage has and will always sustain anything because its the type of relationship we have.

So, Am I better than anyone else? No I'm not necessarily but I do believe I made better choices and am grateful for the life I have.