View Poll Results: Do you feel at all 'better' than those who have different fathers for their children?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, totally

9 14.06%
  • A little

10 15.63%
  • No, not at all

45 70.31%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I am absolutely gobsmacked that someone would ask someone else if their children have the same father!
    Same. How rude. I've never been asked, but both my kids, especially my DD look like their father. I would never ask anyone that either....

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I totally agree with all you have said.

For me, dh and I were together for years before planning a family. We knew each other through and through. We had a happy, healthy relationship and marriage well before bringing someone else into our lives. I never for a moment expected my husband to change when we had kids and he didn't, why would he?? I knew dh was the man I wanted to be with and he would be a wonderful father to our children. Our marriage has and will always sustain anything because its the type of relationship we have.

So, Am I better than anyone else? No I'm not necessarily but I do believe I made better choices and am grateful for the life I have.
    I'm in a similar situation to you. We took 6 years to get married. Almost 9 when DD was born. As I said earlier, I have difficulty understanding people that have kids in a relationship that is clearly in trouble in some way. But while our men are decent, some really do change. I know a few women that went in relationships, he was great, treated her nice. Lived together several years, decided to start a family. Then 2 kids in, she finds out he's been having an affair. That isn't a bad decision. Sometimes people change for the worse after we've started a family.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-04-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Who asks you? Do people not have boundaries anymore?!
    Nope, so many people have no boundaries and don't mind asking if you planned babies, if their father is still with you, if your partner is employed or is the father of your baby etc etc

I've been asked point blank things by strangers I'd not even think of let alone ask close friend.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (21-04-2013),steel magnolia  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post

I've been asked point blank things by strangers I'd not even think of let alone ask close friend.
    That's weird. Your DS is totally you, and your DD is a clone of her father....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I get asked all the time. I guess i just must have 'that' look about me??
    I get asked all the time also.
    I still remember a convo not so long ago where a lady said 'omg you have 4 beautiful daughters, are they all from the same father' 'yes' 'now not meaning to be rude but is the father still around because it would take a real good man to stick around after 4 daughters'
    Ummm WTF.. Funny thing is she thought it was normal to ask these questions and thought I was extremely lucky to have a hubby that loved his daughters and didn't leave me after no son.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-04-2013),HarvestMoon  (21-04-2013),LoveLivesHere  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy83 View Post
    I don't think it matters. Well not to me anyway. As long as the children are loved and cared for, that's what matters!
    Exactly! My DH absolutely adores DD1. She is not biologically his but people would never know it. People have actually been shocked when I've told them.

I couldn't even begin to count how many times people have asked me if the girls were planned, probably because of my age. I don't think a lot of people have any respect for others. How is it their business anyway??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I still remember a convo not so long ago where a lady said 'omg you have 4 beautiful daughters, are they all from the same father' 'yes' 'now not meaning to be rude but is the father still around because it would take a real good man to stick around after 4 daughters'
    Ummm WTF.. Funny thing is she thought it was normal to ask these questions and thought I was extremely lucky to have a hubby that loved his daughters and didn't leave me after no son.
    That is so beyond rude!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-04-2013),αληθη  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Random people, shop keepers, mums at school or at the park etc...

People tend to think

a) that no one has big families anymore unless they are the his, hers and mine blended type.

b) that having big gaps mean new partners. I have 19yr old and a baby and a few in between.
    In all honesty with your situation ..I might assume diff dads..wouldn't ask though..because I don't really care..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    That's weird. Your DS is totally you, and your DD is a clone of her father....
    Oh yeah it was when jasper was a baby. Nobody would ask about katelyn. Funny though she can look so pretty and look like her daddy. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What the? Ugh that says so much about how little she thinks of men.

And wtf - does she think your hubby is king henry the 8th or something?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    People are so rude. I agree with you that, they think it is normal to ask.