+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't mean to scare you but health direct is a service so that our emergency department doesn't get overloaded with minor issues. If they are telling you to go, I would.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD had this happen when she was about 18 months old, I rang the health line and they said go to emergency, I calmed down a bit, wrapped her up nice and warm and she was fine. She was otherwise well and it didn't happen again. As there is a bug in your house I would just try and keep him warm and rested, unless he gets breathless or feverish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why call if you don't take the advice ? Why sit at home with a centrally cyanosed child ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    (Edited)

Hope everything is ok.
    Last edited by JungleMum; 19-12-2013 at 00:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On second thoughts, that ^ might not be a wise thing for me to say on a forum. Will delete in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Old thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well it is now December and he is still alive and fine, and he still gets blue lips I did speak to the doctor about it, she just said "he gets blue lips, some kids dol" You obviously know more about it than anyone, so why don't you just tell me what it is.

I've also been sent up to emergency many times by 1800 when it wasn't needed, they are very overly cautious - they have to be otherwise they'd be liable if something happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry12 View Post
    Why call if you don't take the advice ? Why sit at home with a centrally cyanosed child ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, interesting comment by your doctor. I've never known a child to have blue lips unless they have an underlying medical condition (normally cardiac). To be honest, I think I would be following this up. He is obviously compensating if there is something underlying but I would like to be sure all is OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It wouldn't be the first time a doctor had got it wrong I guess, I'll mention it to our knew GP and see what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    Hmm, interesting comment by your doctor. I've never known a child to have blue lips unless they have an underlying medical condition (normally cardiac). To be honest, I think I would be following this up. He is obviously compensating if there is something underlying but I would like to be sure all is OK.