+ Reply to Thread
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Babies Direct - bad experience

Hey ladies
    This is just an FYI i felt i should let other mums and mums to be know about.
    The Babies Direct stores have gone into liquidation / receivership!! I would recommend not buying anything that isnt in stock in the store.
    We bought our nursery furniture in February and it was taking ages to be delivered. When we contacted the store they said everything was fine and it was just taking longer than usual. We were told this for 6 weeks by the staff in store, saying the business was going into administration but we would still get our nursery furniture delivered. After waiting a total of 2 months we spoke to the head administrator in Sydney and they advised to take every avenue with our bank ( because we payed with credit card...luckily!) to get our funds back because we may not receive our furniture at all.
    So we are in the process at the moment, with our bank, of getting our money back.
    Its is just something you dont want to happen when you are expecting a baby, have no furniture and are $1000 out of pocket!
    I just wanted to let others know so this doesnt happen to them
    Anyone else been in a similar situation ??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

Jakers  (01-05-2013)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrr!! How incredibly frustrating. I hope the refund goes smoothly, that's not something you'd expect to have to be concerned about while pregnant.

I've got them bookmarked, but always decided to use one of our independent retailers instead - thank god!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the heads up. There's absolutely no indication of any problems on the site or anywhere else!

Even their Facebook page is inaccessible. I wonder how many other people have had problems with them recently; that's usually when Facebook pages are taken down.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. There's absolutely no indication of any problems on the site or anywhere else!

Even their Facebook page is inaccessible. I wonder how many other people have had problems with them recently; that's usually when Facebook pages are taken down.
    No worries. I did hear they are still trading as normal...not fair on their customers not to know!. Apparently the website is owned seperately and is ok to order from but i wouldnt trust it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it happened to me, but I only bought a Grobag on the 2 Jan, they took the money straight away, and after any emails,the last one they told me that they were moving to a new place and my product would be dispatched at the end of march. I paid with CC too, so I will contact my bank and try and a refund.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MrsHoward, this was a great help to us as we had bought a car seat online in March and we were wondering why it was taking so long to arrive. After many emails and a call to the shop we were told they were moving warehouse but were also told by the shop to contact our bank to try and get our money back which we did over the weekend and managed to get a full transaction 'chargeback' to our account today. How they are still allowed to trade online is beyond me! Thanks again, I am new to posting on this site but have got great advise from it over the past nine months.