+ Reply to Thread
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mother of two speaks about participation in Wakefield study

I don't have an opinion on this either way, just thought it was interesting. Please discuss!

‘It is now time for the truth to be told.’ Isabella Thomas, mother of two boys included in Dr. Wakefield’s seminal research into the MMR vaccine’s association with gut problems in autistic children, speaks out. If her children had been abused by Dr. Wakefield, as is claimed, who would be more likely to speak out against him? Instead, she speaks eloquently for him, his work, and quite simply, for the truth.
    Read more at the link!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to try my hardest not to to get into a debate on the topic as I work in this field and I want to maintain a professional boundary.

I wanted to say that I met Wakefield in the UK in 2010 and attended some of his lectures. This was for professional interest, not because I necessarily support his position.
    He was an extremely engaging and charismatic person. The research he continues to do, mainly in the US, is incredibly interesting (well, to a geek like me it is!) and it appears to be fairly scientifically robust.
    He is a very intriguing person and incredibly passionate and committed to the research he conducts.

Similar Threads

1. PPS - participation requirements when your child is 6-8
    By shelle65 in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 23:21
  2. Parent speaks English, child learning a second language, what are your thoughts?
    By Mama Mirabelle in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 19:46
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-04-2012, 14:20