+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always put my psychology degree down even though I work in teaching. It shows what you were doing during that period of time and you can just say that you found yourself to be better suited to the industry you now work in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    I always put my psychology degree down even though I work in teaching. It shows what you were doing during that period of time and you can just say that you found yourself to be better suited to the industry you now work in

Yep this. And be honest, say the field you have a degree in is hard to get work. At my work we interview a lot of environmental scientists, most of which have never has experience because there are way more people than jobs. Most interviewers would understand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have left off educational information that I don't really want people to know about (like my Nail Tech course, because lord knows how I even passed that thing), but I would definitely add a degree. As others have said, it shows what you were doing in that period, and I think it shows an ability to work hard and keep at something... it may be useful for them to see it in there.

They might not ask about it, but if they do, you can always just come up with something you feel is a reasonable response. I would just tell the truth if it were me, but not in a negative sort of way... maybe like you were given more time to think about it, went down a different path and are very happy in your current career choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, put your degree in.

Also, I'd normally recommend leaving references OFF your CV, and just putting "References available on request" at the bottom.

Provide references after an interview (when requested) but not before. If you put them on your CV then there is a risk of someone contacting them before speaking with you - which may skew their opinion of you before they have met you. This is particularly true if your prospective employer knows a reference, or has worked with them previously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps ladies