+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Losec... How do you administer??

As per the title, how do you administer Losec to bub, what do you use? I'm finding it very difficult, dissolving it then giving it to my DS & waiting 5-10mins to feed... He doesn't like to wait for his bottle & then getting it dissolved and in him without him spitting it up is also difficult... His reflux seems to be getting worse so need to work out a way to get him to take it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you give it to him at a different time other then right before a feed so he isn't so unsettled when taking it? I used to dissolve it in a medicine syringe then put it in the side of my DD's mouth!!
    If you are having difficulty dissolving it you can always go to a compounding chemist and get the liquid version of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to give it on a spoon 30 minute after a feed. I found it didn't dissolve anywhere near enough to get it out of a syringe, so when the twins were tiny I'd get them up, feed them, play for 20 mins or so then change nappy and chuck it in while they were on the change table.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I give it after a feed because otherwise it is way too hard. I pop half a tablet in a syringe and suck up the water then dissolve. I put it in the side of my bubs mouth. She kind of sucks on the syringe while I give her a little bit at a time. I then refill with a little bit of water until all of the granules are gone. I use an eye dropper kind of thing that came with Brauns colic relief. It seems easier for the granules to come out of it rather than the typical syringes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I put tablet on a spoon bit of warm water dissolved a bit then down the hatch while dh held ds arms so he didnt fling it then we would feed straight away as no issue with this and feeding straight away made him really swallow it all.
    Good luck losec really helped my son be more settled and way less spew