+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What would you do? Induction date question...

Hi all, I'm 39+1 today and I have diet controlled gestational diabetes, sugars have been fine & growth scan at 34 weeks showed 68th percentile so not massive. Ob has always said I can't go far past my due date which is fine, but today when we were booking in an induction date she gave me the choice of going 2 or 5 days over before being induced, but said 5 days is pushing the limit a little, I chose the 5 days but now I'm getting worried about bub & whether I should be choosing 2 days?!
    First bub after 3 years TTC, and I'm worried about affecting the health of the bub by leaving it too long. I know induction isn't ideal but all I really care about is getting the baby out safely.

What would you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have also chosen 5 days. Then I would do everything possible to naturally induce labor you also have the right to refuse an induction. And considering everything is looking good, I would probably ask for induction to be held off as long as possible.
    There are heaps of threads on BH with great info about natural induction u should have a look at.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobsmamma For This Useful Post:

minipolly2b  (18-04-2013)

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had 5 inductions (never gone into labour naturally) ... All babies safe and healthy... All between 37 weeks and 41 weeks gestation.

I know a lot of ppl believe inductions aren't good, and for some people or babies, this might be the case, however, on the flip side, I have never had a problem with them. In fact I was happy each time to be induced.

The only thing that I didn't like about them was that I have never had my waters break or contractions start without medical intervention, a I would have liked to have experienced it for myself...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to YMo7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been doing everything I can think of to induce naturally, I've been taking raspberry lead tablets, having acupuncture, bouncing on fitball, etc etc and I've been 3cm dilated for a week now with 2 false alarms but nothing seems to bring on actual active labour!! Urgh frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you got a breast pump try use that for breast stimulation

8. The Following User Says Thank You to judi83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It sounds fairly positive if you're already 3cm (it took me 12 hours of full on hard labour to get to 3cm!) and having false alarms. Hopefully you'll go naturally!

I would have chosen 5 days, especially if the GD is controlled and everything looks good. If it wasnt safe they wouldn't have readily given the option, so chances are they're being conservative even at 5 days over.

Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I do have a breast pump so will try that. I have been feeling positive with progress but then it leads to nothing! That's the frustrating part, I feel like my body is doing all the right things to get ready, so I hadnt even been thinking of induction yet.