+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Wow! I wouldn't be having anything to do with them either. You're definitely not in the wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't be having anything to do with them. Also if my DF wasn't sticking up for me or seeing what they did was wrong I wouldn't be seeing him either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They sound horrible.

Are you still living there? It sounds as though you may have already moved out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with everyone the only right thing to do would be to stay away from these people.

How horrible. Such cruel disgusting behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went and stayed with people the next day and me and 2 friends hired a truck And moved all our belongings.
    Luckily for me a family friend had a house up for rent and let me move in, instead of waiting to find another tenant.

My partner was away at the time but he doesn't think I'm doing the right thing. He thinks I should let FIL see him and that I'm just being nasty and I need to get over it.

My DD isn't stupid, he knew they didn't like her. She has changed completely since we moved. She is a much happier child. My partner doesn't think that has anything to do with they way they treated her but because we now live closer to my parents.

He hasn't really done anything to support me and just thinks I'm wrong, that that's the way some families are and I need to deal with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    You DP needs to grow a pair and stand up to his father by the sounds of it.

I was one who thought that it was ok for family to walk all over you and say whatever they want. I'm now very different and I have a much better relationship with my parents for it. They respect me more as a person and treat me like an adult now.

I'm so happy to hear that your in a better place so quickly. I hope your DP sees just how much better it is when he's back home.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (20-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF needs to step up and stick up for you and protect your DD. When he became your partner he took on your DD as his own, just because DS has arrived and is DF and his families blood doesn't mean she should be treated any different. It's disgusting you don't say those things about a defenceless 5 year old nor say the things they did to you..

Please stand your ground FIL is an alcoholic and so is your drop kick BIL. They don't deserve to see N..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (20-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think u definitely made the right decision so good on you!! Unfortunately your husband is right and there are families like that. They are dysfunctional and unhealthy and not people who I would want around my children. And definitely would not want to be living with them! So well done on making a decision to look after you and your children.
    Your husband really needs to stand up for you and the children with his family. Maybe he has been exposed to their craziness for so long he considers it normal? As I said above, families like this exist, but are certainly not 'normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Seriously you DF needs to man up or buggar off. The way you and your DD were treated is disgusting. I am SO glad you up and left immediately.

You are his number one, he needs to support you and stick up for you. His family were completely in the wrong and I am so sorry you are having to deal with his idiocy about the issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your DH is behaving like a prick. It's his job to advocate for you and your daughter with his family.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (19-04-2013),Mod-Myztik  (20-04-2013),waterlily  (19-04-2013)