+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default DD3 with GDD and diagnosed recently as ASD

I am a little lost, I have put my daughter on the wait list at AQ & AEIOU, so what do I do in the meantime? Do I sit and wait and hope she gets in somewhere, I know there is a Speechie in the next suburb that is recommended, but I have no idea how to find an OT or the best way to stretch out the funding to make everything happen. Sorry seriously stressed out right now and not sure where to start, apart from a billion questions

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *hugs*

usually speechy would have an OT recommendation, they are all usually in cahoots with each other because they see most of the same kids.

but yeah we started with them straight away while on early intervention wait lists.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Skin23 I don't know what GDD is sorry.

My 3yo DD is being assessed for ASD, ADHD & OCD. Her Paed recommended her psyc & her psyc shares a clinic with her OT.

Ask your DDs Paed/Psyc to recommend an OT.

Now that you have your diagnosis many services should open up. I don't know where you are but we are in Newcastle.

Kaleidoscope have been a big help & know of support groups/services etc.

With a diagnosis you will be eligible for funding too.

If DD is diagnosed with OCD or ASD she will get about 8 (?) subsidised visits with the psyc & sensory clinic under then mental health scheme I think.

Sorry I can't be more specific I am still learning myself.

Slightly off topic, DDs psyc recommended a good site but I've forgotten the name ill find it & get back to you. It's got heaps of links to social skills videos & repetitive videos (for DDs viewing pleasure) songs about saying hello, getting angry, what to do when an adult says no. DDs loving them. They might be of some use.