+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Safely losing weight while pregnant

Ok so Ive started my second trimester and am finding it a little hard to control my weight. I fell pregnant while overweight and my body is going crazy with wanting food! I try to be as healthy as possible but my weight is ballooning.

Has anyone successfully and healthily lost weight while pregnant, and what did you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Subbing as I would like to know too. Or at least to have minimal weight gain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost 26kg 2 yrs ago just from healthy eating and exercise but now I am 14 wks preg and have put on 8kg :-( I look healthy but I found morning sickness hard and the only things that I could keep down and made me feel better was **** food! I'm finding that I'm hungry all the time too and it sucks!! All I'm thinking is now my morning sickness has died off I can health healthier although I'm still eating more than I use to and I walk 8km every day! Once I have bub I will be working hard to get my body back! I honestly don't know how pregnant people go on diet and lose weight. Sorry I was no help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had GD with my second pregnancy so was eating super healthy. I lost almost 27 kilos while pregnant which my doctor was super happy about. As long as you are eating healthy and doing the right things thats all you can really do to lose weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty View Post
    I lost 26kg 2 yrs ago just from healthy eating and exercise but now I am 14 wks preg and have put on 8kg :-( I look healthy but I found morning sickness hard and the only things that I could keep down and made me feel better was **** food! I'm finding that I'm hungry all the time too and it sucks!! All I'm thinking is now my morning sickness has died off I can health healthier although I'm still eating more than I use to and I walk 8km every day! Once I have bub I will be working hard to get my body back! I honestly don't know how pregnant people go on diet and lose weight. Sorry I was no help!!
    Good on you for the amazing weight loss 2 years ago!! if you did it then, im sure you can do it again!! I too, have no problem shifting weight when im not pregnant.. but when I am, God help me! I eat like a horse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    I had GD with my second pregnancy so was eating super healthy. I lost almost 27 kilos while pregnant which my doctor was super happy about. As long as you are eating healthy and doing the right things thats all you can really do to lose weight
    WOW well done!!! Can I trouble you by asking what your daily meals consisted of? (generally) and did you do any exercise and if so, what you did?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, when I was preg with ds I was quite overweight. I lost only 4 kgs while pregnant but within two weeks of having ds I had lost over 15kg (so I'd obviously lost weight during pregnancy just baby took it up)
    My drs always just advised no diet, just healthy clean eating while pregnant. I did have the occasional craving but was fairly good! I've now lost about 30kg. Yes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    it was almost 6 years ago now so my memory isn't great but everything was no sugar low fat and minimal carbs. lots of green veggies a protein and a small potato would be a standard meal.

if you look up gestational diabetes meal plans there is so much info out there. i think the main one for me was so sugar at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Firsttimemum24 View Post
    Hi ladies, when I was preg with ds I was quite overweight. I lost only 4 kgs while pregnant but within two weeks of having ds I had lost over 15kg (so I'd obviously lost weight during pregnancy just baby took it up)
    My drs always just advised no diet, just healthy clean eating while pregnant. I did have the occasional craving but was fairly good! I've now lost about 30kg. Yes!!
    Well done first time mum I'm sure you look amazing!!! That weight loss deserves a bit of a brag hehe

10. The Following User Says Thank You to itsagirl2012 For This Useful Post:

Firsttimemum24  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    it was almost 6 years ago now so my memory isn't great but everything was no sugar low fat and minimal carbs. lots of green veggies a protein and a small potato would be a standard meal.

if you look up gestational diabetes meal plans there is so much info out there. i think the main one for me was so sugar at all.
    Ok great, thank you so much!